Ocean Blue resort review?

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
My wie and I have a good deal to stay at the Ocean Blue resort in Bavaro but the reviews are all over the place. Some love it some hate it...etc. I know this is kind of normal for reviews but I've never seen the extremes before. Any opinions based on actually staying there?

Lucille

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007
bob
I did not like it...I will never go back there.
This was my experience.
First: You need to buy VIP room, in order to get the best service, otherwise you are very limited.
The air condition did not work properly, they control it. (the room was warm)

Hope you have a good time....

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
See what I mean; two responses and they are the opposite. For me clean and good food are the two basic requirements. The pool & beach look nice and we are not drinkers, or usually too much in to anything loud.

Lucille

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007
Bob

It was clean and the food was good.
Go, enjoy and judge.
Maybe that place is like vanilla, either you love it or hate it....lol..

Reactions: Tamborista

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Better don't go this weekend (August 14 till 16)...it will be full of Dominicans...

For the rest it's ok!

I will be going with a group of Dominicans, children included. Doesn't bother me in the least, except when you are waiting for a drink.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
bob, What's the good deal? Where? I want to go again!!! Maybe my 30th time!
I am waiting for the rates to go down a bit in September... but if I can grab an awsome deal now, I am willing to go tomorrow!

I LOOOVE this resort.

See my recent post here
http://www.dr1.com/forums/east-coast/104965-ocean-blue-restaurant-dress-code.html

We will be going in September, and I don't know what the good deal is yet, but if my wife says it's a good deal it must be as she is very frugal.

Feb 7, 2007
Let me know (you can PM me) what the deal is, in-pesos (or dollars) per night per person and if I can grab that as well I will. Or I can advise you where to get a good deal for September if that rate will be higher than the rate I am having for September.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Hey Rubio,
if you look for a great Deal with the bang for the Buck look on the actual offers of the barcelos.
my Buddy is a Tourrep and 'complained' about the cheap deals locally offered at the Barcelo PUJ now compared to waht his guests paid.
he told me they announce on local Radio 800 pesos per person per night when in double occupancy, heck, 22 bucks, 800 pesos, that;s what ya pay at a good Cabana over here on the East, lol.
I will stay with the Mrs mid september for a week at the Elegance again, Noap, no Deals, but we like it relaxed without any loud crowd around for some days, lol.
Have Fun
Mike

tpatzy

Aug 26, 2010
Ocean rocks

I just got back from ocean, great experience top notch. Try the Rum Barcelo A?ejo.
Also can anyone send me the MP3 of Hola Se?or, Hola Se?ora, i have to get that song. can't find it anywhere