Average Cost of Maid Service

papillionsprincess

Aug 26, 2008
What would be the average cost for a maid to clean my very small one bedroom apartment, (bathroom kitchen living room bedroom)...its like studio.

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
So little it really isn't worth taking into account in your finances. Over all will depeand how you want the set up to be. She won't be living with you so I personally wouldn't trust anyone smooching around my apartment while I'm not there especially if not living with me, anything goes missing and the finger goes straight in her direction (and all to often isn't the case). You won't want her cleaning while you are there as you will be tripping over each other in a studio. If in a block with other studios ask your neighbour who does the cleaning, usually everyone shares the same lady if they bother.

My personal advice is for you to clean your own apartment, it is a studio not a mansion and will take you all of 10minutes a day to do the bathroom and kitchen, shake out the living/bedding space and mop the floors every other day. It isn't going to take you much time to clean it, unless you have a disability of some sort, in which case be sure to ask around a few expats locally who they use, chances are someone will have a live in maid that will beable to take a few minutes off each day to pop over and sort your place out for a few pesos.

DMV123

Bronze
Mar 31, 2010
For once a week - likely all you need - try 300RD per day. That could include laundry and or ironing.

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
I don't want some body cleaning my house although its fairly big (too big for the two of us really) but some body to iron my clothes would be wonderful...I hate ironing especially in these temperatures :bunny:
And maybe some body to wash them also because despite all my efforts, I do not seem to get the hang of it in getting all dirty spots out of some clothing, good washing machine but cold water and it is just not my thing apparently...

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Acira, ask around..... I'm sure you could send your laundry out to someone.... it will come back fresh and clean.

Fastidious about their laundry is an understatement... sorry for the word... carefully selective, difficult to please

Just like you and your breeding;)

WW

DMV123

Bronze
Mar 31, 2010
One trick to laundry here - because it is all done in cold water - only use liquid laundry soap. It will help a lot.

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
I pay my maid RD$7,000 per month for a 4 day week, 8am to 4pm.

She comes on some holidays to make up for not working 5 days per week.

Apparently I pay too much, but she's good and honest, so I dont mind.

Reactions: Lucille

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I pay my maid RD$7,000 per month for a 4 day week, 8am to 4pm.

She comes on some holidays to make up for not working 5 days per week.

Apparently I pay too much, but she's good and honest, so I dont mind.

Right idea.... too much is not too much in some cases:glasses:

We pay 400/day for a very hard working day and she travels to get to us.... costs her motoconcho money

WW

amparocorp

Bronze
Aug 11, 2002
whatever makes her happy. a good maid is part of the family, and you are a part of hers. respect her, her birthday, her kids bithday, xmas. give what you can and you will benefit more times than the few pesos you've spent, you'll spend those pesos on beer and gain nothing. you're maid is going through you're underwear drawer, do you think she can count the the number of empty beer and rum botttles littered about and how many pesos went there? you're maid can become the most important thing as far as your survival here, i'd suggest being really cheap, then coming back to the board and tell us the horror stories. also, you can be more than fair, honest, well-paying, good people and you will still have horror stories to tell. "she lost the key, she left the water on, she left for four days and didn't tell anybody, can't run the washer, broke the unbreakable one piece bottle opener, clorox all over my ralph lauren, i'm all ears..............

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
whatever makes her happy. a good maid is part of the family, and you are a part of hers. respect her, her birthday, her kids bithday, xmas. give what you can and you will benefit more times than the few pesos you've spent, you'll spend those pesos on beer and gain nothing. you're maid is going through you're underwear drawer, do you think she can count the the number of empty beer and rum botttles littered about and how many pesos went there? you're maid can become the most important thing as far as your survival here, i'd suggest being really cheap, then coming back to the board and tell us the horror stories. also, you can be more than fair, honest, well-paying, good people and you will still have horror stories to tell. "she lost the key, she left the water on, she left for four days and didn't tell anybody, can't run the washer, broke the unbreakable one piece bottle opener, clorox all over my ralph lauren, i'm all ears..............

Does this post make you happier?

All of ours, it appears, have been respectful

Perhaps you should count your own empty beer and rum bottles:smoke:

Sorry.....

WW

Reactions: MikeFisher

santa110xyz

Oct 25, 2005
I don't want some body cleaning my house although its fairly big (too big for the two of us really) but some body to iron my clothes would be wonderful...I hate ironing especially in these temperatures :bunny:
And maybe some body to wash them also because despite all my efforts, I do not seem to get the hang of it in getting all dirty spots out of some clothing, good washing machine but cold water and it is just not my thing apparently...

I connected a gas water heater with my washing machine. Since that i am very happy with the result. It was one of the best household investments i did lately!
And surprisingly the gas consumption is not very high. One advice if you decide to go with that idea, buy a good quality heater in Ochoa.

amparocorp

Bronze
Aug 11, 2002
hey WW, did i disrespect anyone? am just telling it like it is, if you did not see the humor of the reality of life in the DR then please do not include me in your next boring cocktail soiree, and you should be paying for the motoconcho, when it rains taxi, and as a nice gesture drive her home in your rolls royce on occasion, invite her family for a sunday brunch at your place. i go to A-1 resorts on weekends, when i find a good deal in Listin Diario, my last trip included the maid, her son, and my dentist.......

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
hey WW, did i disrespect anyone? am just telling it like it is, if you did not see the humor of the reality of life in the DR then please do not include me in your next boring cocktail soiree, and you should be paying for the motoconcho, when it rains taxi, and as a nice gesture drive her home in your rolls royce on occasion, invite her family for a sunday brunch at your place. i go to A-1 resorts on weekends, when i find a good deal in Listin Diario, my last trip included the maid, her son, and my dentist.......

I don't understand you. We speak the same language but are miles apart at this moment, I can't get it, I'm unsure what you are on about and from what direction. Possibly such dry humour it doesn't register on my laughomitor, who knows:ermm:

Reactions: MikeFisher

papillionsprincess

Aug 26, 2008
Thanks for the replies, I normally clean my own apartment, (and it was already pretty clean) but I am having a friend stay the weekend, so I wanted it to be immaculate, (for those of you who told me to clean it myself). I paid her 500 pesos, the apartment is small but she did a great job, and I plan to use her once a month from now on.

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Thanks for the replies, I normally clean my own apartment, (and it was already pretty clean) but I am having a friend stay the weekend, so I wanted it to be immaculate, (for those of you who told me to clean it myself). I paid her 500 pesos, the apartment is small but she did a great job, and I plan to use her once a month from now on.

Also told you it wasn't worth worrying about in you finances, great stuff. 125 per week, seems reasonable!:glasses:

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009

WTF ?? Do you have a mirror handy? Take a look at yourself.... are you happy?

CLOSED

voleibolchica

Mar 31, 2009
Our apartment is very small and we paid (we just let her go and are looking for someone new) 600 pesos for about 2 1/2 hours of work, including ironing. I realize that this is a bit more than most, but I think it's important to remember that this is a person working for you, so paying a reasonable rate is the right thing to do. We also give extra (about double) at Christmas and summer, as well as give her a lot of things throughout the year, such as food (i.e., if we're ordering, we order for her, too), clothes, and other items that we don't need/use.

Oh, and remember - they rely on that money, so if you have to cancel, pay her in advance so that she won't run short for the week. :)

Good luck!

Reactions: waytogo

Lucille

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007
Today, a young lady started working for me. Very classy, decent, clean and good looking. She told me what to buy (detergents, map, also what kind of cheese) lol....
She send me to Price Smart and I applied for my membership today....so I am glad..because I always want it and I never have the time....lol
She cleaned the house (part of it) cooked (very good) did some laundry and ironed 8 items.
So far so good.
I am going to pay her $5,500.00 pesos monthly for 3 days a week, and some extra for the "conchos".
M-W-F- from 8-5 p.m.
She is highly recommended .