Living in Puerto Plata

eralc777

Aug 6, 2005
So I am interested if anyone knows of any nice places to live in Puerto Plata. Either a one bedroom apartment or small house (secure area - very important to me!) Pool would be great, but not a necessity. Internet is needed as is 24 hour water and electric (or as close to that as pos) Looking at around $400 a month. Anyone know anywhere??

Thanks.

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Costambar : Dominican Republic Rentals : Apartment For Rent

Last time I was down there they had a few issues with the access roads but that was a while back I expect they may have sorted it out by now.
$400 is pretty much smack on what you will pay here and doesn't seem to be a shortage of apartments to rent. Just up the road from Pto Plata central.

Central Pto Plata is more difficult with the security issues. They have lovely estates with security on entrance but you will pay for them, lots.
You have a very slim chance to no chance of finding anything at all furnished in Pto Plata central.

Shiraz72

Bronze
Feb 10, 2010
Apartments in Costambar

This May, I was staying in the Costambar area just outside the gated part and there were signs up for apartments for rent...right across the street from the house I was in. I'll be going back there the end of this week. If I see the sign still advertising, I'll try and post something up here. Problem is, I don't know if I'll have acess to a computer this time. Is your time frame immediate or do you have time to play with? I actually called the owner renting out the apartments at the El Commodor 2 weeks ago, re the previous poster's link and was told that they're all let out long term thus far... it's possible that may have changed by now.

Shiraz72

Bronze
Feb 10, 2010
Roads

QUOTE=Anastacio;882661]
This May, I was staying in the Costambar area just outside the gated part QUOTE]

Have they got those roads sorted out yet?

Seems to have been a very long project for such a rediculously simple task.

Well the road that ran paralell alongside the golf course, the only road... LOL you need to go down to acess the gates to enter Costambar is like a frigging war zone if that answers your question.. ha ha... but the ones leading up to that one, were smooth as a baby's butt... :bunny: I walked down the bumpy access road every day because I stayed outside the gated area... arrived there with brand new shoes and after 2 weeks they were dumpster fodder. :ermm: Huge water filled potholes that nearly flip your car over if you don't slow down.. u practically need a range rover to pass over that road ha ha...

eralc777

Aug 6, 2005
I need something as central as possible. I was thinking Torre Alta kind of area. Cant seem to find any websites advertising anything so though I would ask on here.
I need somewhere kid friendly too and furnished.
I already live in Sosua, so this would be a move down the road so to speak. Would be looking to do it in the next month or so if I do find something worth while.

Shiraz72

Bronze
Feb 10, 2010
I need something as central as possible. I was thinking Torre Alta kind of area. Cant seem to find any websites advertising anything so though I would ask on here.
I already live in Sosua, so this would be a move down the road so to speak. Would be looking to do it in the next month or so if I do find something worth while.

These apartments I'm referring to, likely are not in your preferred area then... I don't know where Torre Alta is, but the area I'm referring to is just down the road from the university, along the main road leading to Costambar. Good luck in your search and if you are still interested in having me scope out the apartments PM me no later than Wednesday of this week... and I'll try to get a phone number and address for you while I'm down there... Shiraz....

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
I found you don't get much for your money in central Pto Plata, if you were to compare it to what you can get in Sosua.

DMV123

Bronze
Mar 31, 2010
Puerto Plata has so much more to offer - way more volume of apartments and houses to choose from! We have the very inexpensive right on up.

Sosua is more expensive then POP

Cabarete is more expensive then Sosua.

That is my experience right now.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
a guy i worked with reneted a 3-bed, 2-bath house in torre alta for 500 dollars a month (plus bills) so i am sure you can find something with 400.
i will ask around in farmacia, many of our clients live there.

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004

Not sure if you will find something with a pool in Torre Alta in that price range?

Reactions: Tamborista

TOTENHAM

Apr 16, 2010
My wife and I will be visiting the Dominican Republic next month from the USA and we are staying in Costambar for a few days My question is will we have a problem with the Security Guards at the entrance to Costambar As Ihave heard this can be a problem some times
Thank you