Dominicans vs. Dominicans

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I've seen it written that the residents of Dominica are also called Dominicans.

Well, last night my On Demand from Comcast cable went out, so I had to call customer service. I ended up talking to a friendly guy named Leon, with a slight accent. He mentioned the weather and I asked him where he was, and he said the Caribbean - Dominica. I asked him what the residents there are called and it's pronounced "Dom-in-E-cans" with the accent on the E.

I also was encouraged to visit his beautiful island. I told him I already have a beautiful island - Dominican Republic.

So much for my useless information of the day. :classic:

AE

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Useless...... totally useless....... but fun!!!

Comcast - I could shoot them

Have you tried SlingBox for RD?
You can have your Comcast cable forwarded to your casa anywhere you have Internet capability.
Google it..... available at all the TV, computer places

WW

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
WW, thanks for the heads up about Slingbox, I never heard of that before, going to look into that. Has anyone else successfully used that in DR?

Lindsay, my Comcast is in New Jersey, don't know about On Demand in DR.

I wonder if my NJ On Demand would work in DR with Slingbox, anyone know???

AE

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
It should work

My neighbour/neighbor (Minister of Spelling) has Slingbox in Cabrera.... works fine
Just need internet

WW

granca

Bronze
Aug 20, 2007
Yes, Slingbox works here. Last year I was able to watch most of the Rugby with my brother in Winchester, UK having the main connection. The only problem was Starband and their hopelessly slow connections with restrictions on bandwidth and no respect for the King of sports.