American Airlines flight problem today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abuela

Bronze
May 13, 2006
The American Airlines flight leaving POP this afternoon looked like it turned around and flew back to POP. Emergency problem?

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I think the Miami weather was bad today.... according to the morning news.

Possible hurricane developing in So FLA

WW

cab

Aug 9, 2010
We had a bit of trouble coming in to POP. The pilot said that there was turbulence. Plane shook a bit, but landed safely after some time. Many passengers clapped. (Not me :eek:)

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
We had a bit of trouble coming in to POP. The pilot said that there was turbulence. Plane shook a bit, but landed safely after some time. Many passengers clapped. (Not me :eek:)

Dominicans seem to clap everytime the plane lands. I finally learned to join in with them and clap also. It's a Dominican thing.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Dominicans seem to clap everytime the plane lands. I finally learned to join in with them and clap also. It's a Dominican thing.

Bigbird, you took the words out of my mouth [or should I say fingers??] One trip we flew to SDQ via San Juan, and it was eerie to land and not hear all that clapping, I guess Puerto Ricans don't clap. :laugh:

AE

donP

Dec 14, 2008
It Did Work.

Dominicans seem to clap everytime the plane lands. ___ It's a Dominican thing.

Quite understandable.
With the daily encounter of so many things that do not function a safe landing is a surprising and happy event... ;)

donP

E

engineerfg

I've started to clap each time my garbage is picked up on time!

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
While I dont take airline safety for granted, I really dont get the whole clapping thing...nobody applauds me in my job...conversely, a pilot is just doing what he/she is trained to do???

Reactions: Keith R

cab

Aug 9, 2010
While I dont take airline safety for granted, I really dont get the whole clapping thing...nobody applauds me in my job...conversely, a pilot is just doing what he/she is trained to do???

True, but there's also the question of how much of your job is directly related to one's safety and survival. I mean, if you were a lifeguard who just rescued a drowning victim, or a surgeon out from a 20 hour surgery saving a patient, or a commander of the seas just back from a successful battle mission, I know you are just doing your job, but I wouldn't mind putting my hands together for you. But then if you were a garbage truck driver picking up my trash, I'd have to think twice. Unless of course, like in the case of engineerfg, where picking up the trash got so infrequent that it then becomes closely correlated to one's survival needs...

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
True, but there's also the question of how much of your job is directly related to one's safety and survival. I mean, if you were a lifeguard who just rescued a drowning victim, or a surgeon out from a 20 hour surgery saving a patient, or a commander of the seas just back from a successful battle mission,

Wouldn't a concho making it through a day without killing someone qualify....

May 31, 2005
It might be a Spanish thing and not a Dominican thing.. On a flight from Madrid to I forgot the name of the town, there were people clapping when the flight landed.. It was a small regional airline....

Status
Not open for further replies.