Any Dollar Store in Cabarete

Status
Not open for further replies.

cab

Aug 9, 2010
Hi, Is there a dollar store in Cabarete? We need to get some stuff for some people in Santiago. Thanks.

Aug 21, 2007
There is one on the way to Sosua from Cabarete and also one in Puerto Plata, but not one in Cabarete itself.

The dollar store between Sosua and Cabarete is not a dollar store anymore. It's a grocery store. There are a few items left from it's short venture as a dollar store- maybe an aisle or two. But the prices aren't necessarily a dollar.

Lindsey

Abuela

Bronze
May 13, 2006
The 10 y 20 peso store on Callejon de la Loma in Cabarete is like a North American dollar store with a wide variety of household goods to clothing and shoes. 20 peso laundry basket over 3 years old still does the job.

cab

Aug 9, 2010
The dollar store between Sosua and Cabarete is not a dollar store anymore. It's a grocery store. There are a few items left from it's short venture as a dollar store- maybe an aisle or two. But the prices aren't necessarily a dollar.

Lindsey

Okay. Are there any cheap shops in Cabarete where we can buy gifts, local stuff or souvenirs?

TIA

bebeto007

Mar 22, 2008
Just walk the main street in Cabarete and you will find all the stuff you need. I would recommend Santo Domingo coffee! The prices on the beach are already double.

cab

Aug 9, 2010
The 10 y 20 peso store on Callejon de la Loma in Cabarete is like a North American dollar store with a wide variety of household goods to clothing and shoes. 20 peso laundry basket over 3 years old still does the job.

Great. Sounds like a good one to try. Can you please provide some directions to the store? Thank you.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Great. Sounds like a good one to try. Can you please provide some directions to the store? Thank you.

You want inexpensive souvenirs, then you want the store across the street from Jose O'Shays, if I recall it is upstairs? Paintings, beaded garbage, Taino sculpture, painted masks...etc, all very cheap. I did not get the impression you were looking for a laundry basket!

cab

Aug 9, 2010
You want inexpensive souvenirs, then you want the store across the street from Jose O'Shays, if I recall it is upstairs? Paintings, beaded garbage, Taino sculpture, painted masks...etc, all very cheap. I did not get the impression you were looking for a laundry basket!

Great! Now I got to find both these locations. Thanks.

The Callejon de la Loma location that Abuela mentioned seemed to indicate that they have clothes, which can be good gifts as well.

North coast newbie

Jul 30, 2006
There is another store similar to the 20 Y 10 a bit farther down the Callejon on the same side of the street. Manaquins in the window, hard to miss. They are a mini department store. Not for tourist trinkits but inexpensive clothes etc. A mini mini La Sirena. I shop there often. Great place if you are looking for gifts for hotel staff.

Islander777

Sep 19, 2008
The 10 y 20 peso store in Callejon is past the first intersection but before the little square. Its on the left, I estimate about 1/2 mile in. It has household items very cheap - plus lots of shoes for women, I noticed last trip.

The cheapest place for tourist stuff in Cabarete has always been the place on the second floor across from Jose O'Shay's on the little plaza which also has Western Union and the Blue Lagoon Hotel. It was called "Liquidation" last I knew and you can always get them down another 10%. The beach vendors trying to sell $1 trinkets for $20 hate the place.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
last time i went in the liquidation place I noticed the clothing prices had risen quite a bit , didnt look at the other items, - decided not to spend 5oo pesos on a cheap pair of swimming shorts

the jewelery and paintings were good value on a previous trip

Status
Not open for further replies.