Looking for a Villa for rent in Perla Marina, Cabarete

Pav

Jan 30, 2010
Hi all,

We are a young couple, with baby and dog, looking for house to live in Perla Marina. After one year in Santo Domingo, we decided we needed some fresh air, so we moved up north. After visiting a few houses in Cabarete, Sosua and in between, we really liked the Perla Marina residence. We have been able to visit a few, but either it's too old, too expensive, or when we liked it the owner doesn't get back to the real estate agent.
If you have some information that could help us with our search, that would be great. If you know of another area that you could recomend, please let us know.

Thanks a lot,

Pavlina and David

ps: We've been keeping an eye on DR1 rentals, but so far nothing suitable.

Reactions: Tamborista
May 24, 2009
www.swellsurfcamp.com
two more areas to look at

Private villas in secure developments (that will not break your budget) are not so common in and around the Cabarete area; you might look at Olas De Oro Villas and Bahia de Arena - both are in Cabarete town and are nice, modest villas as a rule in what are believed to be secure environments. L'Agence in Cabarete are a good source of information. l'Agence Real Estate Cabarete, Dominican Republic

Reactions: Tamborista

georgig

Jul 25, 2010
Perla Marina

Hi Pavlina and David,
We were living in some places in Sosua and Cabarete and was disappointed by the usuficient security, stoppage of electricity, permanent breaks of internet etc. As we expect baby soon we started looking for a place without such problems and I think we found it - we moved to Perla Marina, first in a house and now in appartment. Perla Marina is a very secure place, clean, inhabited with expats only. If you move into appartment - which is preferebly - you will be on the beach, if you rent a house you will be at 3-5 min walk from beach. Place is strategic becouse being quite and uncrowded is close to main supermarkets, hospital /for the baby/, pharmacy etc. The prices vary much - for 3 bedroom/2 bath house we paid USD 1150 but we have friends which pay double less for similar, you can find appartment 3/2 for abt USD 900. If you meed more info pls contact me at georgi.glogovski@abv.bg.
Kind regards
Ivelina and Georgi
P.S. As we expect baby soon we would appreciate your info abt good hospital and baby cares /vacination programs, nutrition programs etc./

Latibbean

Mar 19, 2009
Thanks for the info! We'll look into them.

Hi Hilde!
Good to see you here as well!:) Yes, we are looking in renting in a gated community as we hear that the security is quite an issue...We have seen a few houses that were not gated and they were nice but, no street lights and a very quiet neighborhood would not make it very safe at night...And we only have one dog....:)

Ivelina, I agree with your description of perla marina. We like it also and it seems like a good place to live with a baby. Let's hope we'll find something for us there!
Regarding your question about the hospital care here, unfortunately I can't answer that as I gave birth in Santo Domingo. I will however be looking for some decent medical center for us and the baby over here as well...

Pavlina

Pav

Jan 30, 2010
So we signed a rental contract today!:) Thanks guys for all your suggestions!

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
So we signed a rental contract today!:) Thanks guys for all your suggestions!

Congratulations!

If it's possible, can you please post the rental amount and property specs.

The reason I ask, is it will give others a benchmark.

Thanks!

Pav

Jan 30, 2010
Hi Robert,

Very good idea. So here is what we found:

- The house: 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, furnished with AC but no washing machine, private garden and swimming pool.
- Price after negotiations was 750 USD per month.
- The price includes: Water, house cleaning once a month, swimming pool cleaning twice a week, gardener once a week.
- Not included: Tv Cable, internet, products for swimming pool, gas for gardener's mower.

morlandg

Feb 20, 2007
Perla Marina

Pav - I'm curious to what the contract includes.
What about repairs? Does the house have an electric gate and if so who maintains that? Do you have video and or burglar alarm systems - and who would repair these?
750 US$ per month seems very cheap.
Graham

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Hi Robert,

Very good idea. So here is what we found:

- The house: 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, furnished with AC but no washing machine, private garden and swimming pool.
- Price after negotiations was 750 USD per month.
- The price includes: Water, house cleaning once a month, swimming pool cleaning twice a week, gardener once a week.
- Not included: Tv Cable, internet, products for swimming pool, gas for gardener's mower.

Thanks.....

georgig

Jul 25, 2010
Hi all,
FYI just received offer for similar house in Perla Marina - 3/2 all included except electricity and internet, just repainted - USD 700.
Seems prices are going down.

Pav

Jan 30, 2010
Sorry, forgot to mention that electricity is not included. As for the repairs, we are to do the minor repairs and they would take care of any major ones... We'll have to wait and see how that will work in reality...;).
Sounds like a good deal, georgig. Maybe we should have negotiated harder!:D

Rbh44

Mar 28, 2007
House rental

I have rented a 2 bdrm house with pool for $700 per month starting Sep 1. Includes all (cable, internet, pool maint) except gas and electric.

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
Pav,
Good to hear you have found a suitable property to rent. I hope that price includes the Perla Marina Assoiation fee of US$100 per month and the cost of garbage collection which is around RD$400 per month ( Acociacion pro Desarrollo de Perla Marina)

Otherwise you may find you are not covered by PPSG213 security and may even be denigned access at Perla Marina main gate.
You can tell the properties that pay the home owners association fee as they all have a small blue sign on the gate or front somewhere with the house designation number. The number is that Perla Marina Security can locate the property and know that the fees are paid for security.

HTH

OLLY

dominicanrep

Apr 20, 2007
We are also looking for a house for long term rent in Sosua, preferably in a good gated community.

We need a stable internet connection and dogs must be allowed.

Unfortunately didnt find anything at Dominican Republic Rentals.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Pav

Jan 30, 2010
In our case, the security fee is included in the rent. After reading the forum, we did asked clearly.

We need to check regarding the rubbish collection fee, as they haven't mentioned anything about that.