Looking for an excellent seamstress

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
I have an evening dress in silk which needs some repair work don on it and it needs refitting so I am looking for a very good tailor/seamstress. I am willing to ride to SD or the North Coast if necessary but I want it done good.

I also have a long black evening scarf in black lace with some repair work to do but not sure if any body on the Island knows how to work with lace.

Thx, Acira

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
lace and silk sounds like a job for a wedding dress shop......my handy sosua guide has three dress makers listed but I have no idea of their quality of work

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Acira, go to the lavanderia next to your favorite carneceria. Ask them for a reference to a local casa de novia. They'll be able to help you.

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
lace and silk sounds like a job for a wedding dress shop......my handy sosua guide has three dress makers listed but I have no idea of their quality of work

Thanks JR but I need references from people with a name attached to it. I am not giving these pieces just to some body out of a guide if you understand me :ermm:

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Thanks JR but I need references from people with a name attached to it. I am not giving these pieces just to some body out of a guide if you understand me :ermm:
Understand that seamstresses here MAKE clothes for folks. Have for generations. It's an artform here.

And brides are a fussy bunch.

I don't think you go wrong with a well established local casa de novia. It's not like they've never seen a fine dress or lace before.

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
What Acira means is that both items have sentimental value to her... and the scarf is of real Belgian lace, with its intricate patterns...

She just wants to make sure that whoever does it, does know her job well, and although I am sure that most would do a good job, I'm equally sure some would do a superior job, and some would do a lousy one...

We are looking for the superior one... lol

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
Strange, I would imagine that there are some people here on the board who have similar clothing in their wardrobe?

The dress and scarf also need cleaning, anybody a reference for that at least?

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Strange, I would imagine that there are some people here on the board who have similar clothing in their wardrobe?

The dress and scarf also need cleaning, anybody a reference for that at least?

Why don't you do what Cobraboy suggested? It seems the right route to me.

Go ask at the local bridal shop or seamstress, they will surely know.
Then once you have the name of someone, ask around about that person.

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
Why don't you do what Cobraboy suggested? It seems the right route to me.

Go ask at the local bridal shop or seamstress, they will surely know.
Then once you have the name of someone, ask around about that person.

Thanks Robert, I got a call today from a very nice Dominican lady who trains here dogs with us, a name with lots of references, adress and phone number attached to it.