Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by badpiece33 View Post
    I opened a monthly plan on claro several months back, They would not give me their best plans as I have no Cedula and no credit history in the DR. I was told that after 3 months I could upgrade my plan if I paid my bill on time for first 3 months. I now have the plan I wanted in just a few months. You have to establish yourself before they will open doors for you. At least at claro.
    Claro, even if expensive, IMHO are better than Orange. I have 3 Claro phones and wouldn't touch Orange.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Orange here has perfect and constant reception... when their 3G plan kicks in here... I will definitely look into it... to be honest, Claro sucks here...

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
    Claro, even if expensive, IMHO are better than Orange. I have 3 Claro phones and wouldn't touch Orange.
    It depends where you are in the country. We've run into so many problems that for the past several years my husband and I get different carriers for our phones, so if one has poor service the other hopefully works. So far so good

AE

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AlterEgo View Post
    It depends where you are in the country. We've run into so many problems that for the past several years my husband and I get different carriers for our phones, so if one has poor service the other hopefully works. So far so good

AE
    exactly that.
    my own plan is a 1250 per month Billed Plan from Claro.
    the Boys cellphones are from Orange and the wife's plan is from Orange.
    if one fails hopefully the other works.
    usually we have here on thhe East for both 1005 full coverage in thhe whole area.
    in case of the Plans and Customer ""Service"" I like Claro over Orange, even thhat Claro at Times can suck a lot, too, lol.
    Mike
    Mike

www.MikeFisherPuntaCana.com
    [email protected]
    Punta Cana/Cap Cana/Dominican Republic
    Mike Fisher Facebook Group on

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

So 4 years ago i went to get an orange plan. I was told i needed three months of a credit card history here. So off to the bank and got a card. I used it once a month for three months and returned. No problem, howver it took them a month to appove it then they denied it because i did not have three months of credit history. So off to the bank for the latest months bill and submitted it. Got the plan a week later. When the bill came due I went to the Orange store (Sosua where the plan was initiated) and was told, "sorry we don't take credit cards". You got to love it.

Bob K

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

ha ha ha,
    great Bob, that's what people call the Island's logic way, lol.
    my plan been hassle free but since a long while ago,
    I have the same Claro number since much over 10 years now, I started with a small amount minutes plan and over the years they always added and still add additional minutes and services at no extra costs, so the plan grew during over a decade to a big one.
    I firstly bought the cellphone on a Dominican partner's name, we've been told when the plan is min 3 months old and I bring the bills/payment receipts that proof that I paid the Bills, then I can switch the same number and plan from his name into My name. that proof of payment been easy, we had back in the day only one spot here in bavaro where we could pay the services, so they knew me anyways due my monthly appearance to pay the Bill every month, plus our office phone Bills.
    so around 6 months later I asked about the name change and there been no problem, since then the phonenumber is in my name.
    if you have a legal Residency status as a permanent resident in the Country, just snip them your cedula and you should get a Plan, but it been a 3 or even 4 years ago that I took the Orange Plan for the Mrs that way, she had a simple Claro prepaid phone the time til then, but for trouble with the local Tower here we did not have Claro Signal for most Time during several Days, that pi$$ed me off and I threw the phone off the Boat, yep, it died.
    so I went to the next Orange Store, didn't need to present more than my Cedula, and 25 minutes later I walked out the Door with a Orange Plan which is Today's the Wife's Plan, they did not ask me for anything else as requisits, it was just me the Gringo with a Cedula in Hands.
    maybe their policies changed since then.
    cheers
    Mike
    Mike

www.MikeFisherPuntaCana.com
    [email protected]
    Punta Cana/Cap Cana/Dominican Republic
    Mike Fisher Facebook Group on

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AlterEgo View Post

AE
    Plan B. Use an unlocked cell phone that has 2 slots. Claro in one and Orange in the other. Win-win situation. Your 2nd chip can be a prepaid to use should you not have a good signal where you happen to be. Both will ring for incomming and you get to chose the one you want to use for your outgoing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12