Jet Skis

Status
Not open for further replies.

iangillis

Apr 1, 2009
are these still allowed off the beaches of Sosua? Can't recall seeing any last year, yet a few years ago could be hired at casa marina... anyone know where some jet skiing can be got?

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Pwc

are these still allowed off the beaches of Sosua? Can't recall seeing any last year, yet a few years ago could be hired at casa marina... anyone know where some jet skiing can be got?

ian:

I am fairly sure they were banned commercially in 2004 or so, although I saw one guy in Maimon renting one a while back. They do use them during windsurf/kiteboard competition in Cabarete for lifesaving.

Mike Fisher can verify the legality of PWC rental in Rep Dom, he is the resident Poseidon.

ian

DR_Guy

Bronze
Feb 17, 2010
We took ours to Las Terrenas 3 weeks ago and had no issues. Haltillo resovoir is where we normally go. Great lake, drive up Colmados, etc. etc. Near Nagua, there was a jet ski drag race competition three months ago. Maybe they are banned in certain places. Would like to know more if they are banned.

ohmmmm

Bronze
Jun 11, 2010
I think that most motor boats and jet ski's are banned in Cabarete because they want to preserve the water for kitesurfing, windsurfing and other similar sports and because they are relatively loud for the people on the beach. If you see one around it is usually for life saving or when there is a competition going on.

Also, I think Jet Ski's are extremely expensive to buy in the DR and maintain... Just like most other motorized vehicles...

Status
Not open for further replies.