Feb 5, 2010
If I want to ship back a case or two of liquor:

1. is it legal

2. is it feasible

3. where can I find a UPS or Dominican post office? in the colonial zone

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Ship back to where?

Liquor would most likely have to be shipped by sea.

Most countries have high tariffs on liquor, so the "where" is important.

HB

jodyt

Jan 25, 2010
I've seen other posts about shipping to the DR from Canada, but does anyone know about vice versa? I need to ship personal items from Santiago to Toronto. I tried Peralto Bros but they only ship to the DR.

granca

Bronze
Aug 20, 2007
Check the UPS web site for their offices in SD. You can certainly ship from there to Canada or most anywhere. They should be able to tell you what you can or cannot ship.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Shipping Liquor from the DR

Hi:

I tried to send one small bottle in a box with other items via UPS or FedEx and was told by Mail Boxes Etc in Las Terrenas that liquor could not be shipped legally outside of the DR. Dominican Customs will not allow it.

S

jodyt

Jan 25, 2010
The UPS website quoted me a price of over $2,000 US per 24x24x24 box of personal items, Santiago to Toronto.

If anyone has any other ideas, please let me know!

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
If I want to ship back a case or two of liquor:

1. is it legal

2. is it feasible

3. where can I find a UPS or Dominican post office? in the colonial zone

Get a local distributor to order your liquor. If you're in the US then you should canvass local distributors for what you want. There's a good chance they probably sell the brand you're looking for anyway, for instance in Washington DC, Georgia Ave. Liquors has all of Brugal and Barcelo products for sale as well as Presidente, Brahma, etc.

ATF takes a dim view of individuals importing by the case and the hassle and cost of customs isn't worth it unless it's a vintage product. Go talk to a liquor distributor.

SteveS

Apr 15, 2008
Are you sure there's no importer in Miami who stocks exactly what you're trying to ship back? Would save you a lot of hassle....

Back in Europe I ordered Brugal from Germany www.brugalshop.de and shipped it.