Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rude people

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Rude people

I thought after living here in the DR for 3 years that nothing could possibly shock me. I was wrong.

I was in a supermarket in Sosua last week in the early evening. As I was walking to the checkout a rather large foreign gentleman was blocking my path. I said politely 'excuse me' and he ignored me continuing to move as slowly as possible, whilst his young dominican girlfriend just watched. I decided to just turn around and walk a different way.

Then I get to the checkout to find that I am again, standing behind the same guy. I stood watching for him to pay for his items. He takes out a credit card and throws it at the cashier. He then takes out a huge wod of cash (I mean, a LOT of cash) and looks through all his 1000 dollar peso bills to find a 100 peso bill. Then he takes the 100 pesos and throws it at the guy who was packing his bag and points to it with a grunt and ordered 'bags!' to a different guy.

I ask you, how utterly rude can people be!!!! I can't believe that someone can come here from a different country and treat people like this! I was just biting my tongue, stopping myself from shouting some comments to him.

I used to wonder why some Dominicans have a bad attitude towards foreigners.....now I know why with people like this walking around!!!

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Go ahead.....cut right in front of me.....I'm invisible....

Quote Originally Posted by eralc777 View Post
    I thought after living here in the DR for 3 years that nothing could possibly shock me. I was wrong.

I was in a supermarket in Sosua last week in the early evening. As I was walking to the checkout a rather large foreign gentleman was blocking my path. I said politely 'excuse me' and he ignored me continuing to move as slowly as possible, whilst his young dominican girlfriend just watched. I decided to just turn around and walk a different way.

Then I get to the checkout to find that I am again, standing behind the same guy. I stood watching for him to pay for his items. He takes out a credit card and throws it at the cashier. He then takes out a huge wod of cash (I mean, a LOT of cash) and looks through all his 1000 dollar peso bills to find a 100 peso bill. Then he takes the 100 pesos and throws it at the guy who was packing his bag and points to it with a grunt and ordered 'bags!' to a different guy.

I ask you, how utterly rude can people be!!!! I can't believe that someone can come here from a different country and treat people like this! I was just biting my tongue, stopping myself from shouting some comments to him.

I used to wonder why some Dominicans have a bad attitude towards foreigners.....now I know why with people like this walking around!!!
    It's amazing how much you see stuff like that, not just from foreigners though......

Post Thanks / Like

Haven't been to DR yet, but that happens all over the world. I was in Djibouti and the French there treated the Djiboutians, Somalis and Ethiopians like crap. Some people with money are just rude in general...

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Excuse me......

Quote Originally Posted by sacase View Post
    Haven't been to DR yet, but that happens all over the world. I was in Djibouti and the French there treated the Djiboutians, Somalis and Ethiopians like crap. Some people with money are just rude in general...
    How true.......BUT, I've also seen rudeness from people who look dirt poor.....

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

majority of the check out staff are pretty rude on the whole.....note to super super staff - deal with customer first then carry out conversation with other staff (that bugs me)

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Wouldn't a 100 peso tip be pretty high for bagging groceries?

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Mil peso

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_NJ View Post
    Wouldn't a 100 peso tip be pretty high for bagging groceries?
    Not if you have a bulging pocket filled with 1000's............

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sacase View Post
    Some people with money are just rude in general...
    I dont see any correlation between rude people and the amount of money in one's pocket...rude people come from all socio-economic walks of life IMO.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Default I agree.......

Quote Originally Posted by drloca View Post
    I dont see any correlation between rude people and the amount of money in one's pocket...rude people come from all socio-economic walks of life IMO.
    Read post #4........

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

You would be surprised at what a smile and a kind word would do for your day!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast