Looking for someone who can cut/style gringa's hair

Status
Not open for further replies.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
My wife is in need of someone in Puerto Plata that can cut and style gringa hair. thanks Phil

You're about 3 hours late in your request Phil - I had Ginnie'S hairdresser of 16 years around at just before 2 o'clock today!! She is presently the Salon/Boutique manager at the Breezes hotel (whatever it is now called) but will cut & style here in Bayardo on her days off!

Send me a PM with your e-mail/Tel number & I'll ask Ramona to get in touch with you! ~ Grahame.

Jan 17, 2009
If your wife were willing to come to Cabarete, I highly recommend Anna (Anna's Salon). She's from Serbia and an incredible good hair dresser, speaks English and Spanish fluently and unlike most hairdressers she cuts her hair the way you want it!

Aug 21, 2007
In Sosua, the Go-To guy is Andreas, a German next to Morua Mai. Unfortunately he is on vacation for the next three weeks. He speaks English, Spanish, and German. Perhaps French. Never had the opportunity to ask. Sometimes it is difficult to get an appointment, as he has regular customers and also travels back and forth to Miami where he also has a home. But, as far a I (and many others) are concerned, he is the best!

Lindsey

Spicedwine

Apr 25, 2006
Between Sosua and Cabarete, at Las Canas resort/condo's there is a hairdresser with a salon on site. Her name is Danielle and she is awesome.
Speaks Spanish, German and English. I was back in Ontario and waited to come home to the DR before I got my hair done!!

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
I'll second Danielle - she's as good as my stylist in NY at 1/3rd the price. Very maticulous, on time, and really gives you what you ask for. Highly recommend.

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Daniela

Agree that she is great, cuts and colours my hair just the way I want it... has my highest recommendation.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i have my hair cut at a salon in bayardo. the owner herself - patricia - does the job and so far i have been happy with them. but maybe i am not a fussy customer: i usually just cut 10-15 cm off and only once i went for an actual proper haircut with a fringe, it was fantastic thou!

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
i have my hair cut at a salon in bayardo. the owner herself - patricia - does the job and so far i have been happy with them. but maybe i am not a fussy customer: i usually just cut 10-15 cm off and only once i went for an actual proper haircut with a fringe, it was fantastic thou!
That is the salon that Ramona used when she coloured & cut Ginnie's hair - next time you need it doing, see if Ramona will come over for you on her day off! ~ Grahame.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
the worst one i had was opposite the Britannia in sosua, she kept pulling my hair up into spikes and chopping bits off- she looked at my hair as if she had never seen hair before- I think the place may have gone now and turned into the elephant pizza house

eralc777

Aug 6, 2005
Persoanlly I recommend Casa Marina salon. I had my hair styled there for my wedding and thought the girls did a great job. So went back for a hair cut and got a 'local' price which was nice. They are professional, take their time, listen to what you want etc. Im pleased with her! And best of all, its air conditioned!!!

Camden Tom

Bronze
Dec 1, 2002
If your wife were willing to come to Cabarete, I highly recommend Anna (Anna's Salon). She's from Serbia and an incredible good hair dresser, speaks English and Spanish fluently and unlike most hairdressers she cuts her hair the way you want it!
I agree. Anna is a true professional....and certainly easy on the eyes.

suzannel

Jun 7, 2006
Do you have a phone number for her????

Thanks for the info.

Between Sosua and Cabarete, at Las Canas resort/condo's there is a hairdresser with a salon on site. Her name is Danielle and she is awesome.
Speaks Spanish, German and English. I was back in Ontario and waited to come home to the DR before I got my hair done!!

ambie999

Oct 31, 2010
anyone have an idea of how much it would cost to get your hair hair cut and highlighted. Just moved to the DR and have know idea what the prices are like. Thanks

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
anyone have an idea of how much it would cost to get your hair hair cut and highlighted. Just moved to the DR and have know idea what the prices are like. Thanks

Cut and highlights on my short hair with Daniela at Las Canas is under RD$1000 and she cuts brilliantly.

Status
Not open for further replies.