How are investments going with Alberto and Anoeca?

farmgirl

Aug 15, 2010
Bushbaby and Hillbilly -- Or anyone else that has personal experience--I would like to know how things are going in DR in general. Are property values staying the same, going up, going down since about 2006 when I was last there?

How are investments going with Anoeca and Alberto?

Thanks!

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
here on the East since then Rents for properties/condos/appartments went down in the cellar.
in case of sales property owners still ask for the formerly overdone high rates, but when a buyer has some cash in hands I would say some went down at least a third of their former value, some even more.
Mike

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
If you have cash, then negotiate hard. People are doing deals right now.

As Mike indicated, rental prices are tumbling, fast.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Bushbaby and Hillbilly -- Or anyone else that has personal experience--I would like to know how things are going in DR in general. Are property values staying the same, going up, going down since about 2006 when I was last there?

How are investments going with Anoeca and Alberto?

Thanks!

Hmmmmm, interesting question for a FIRST post!! :ermm: Maybe you used to post under a different name (or names) before?

Bushbaby & Lambada withdrew all their investments from Anoeca some 3/4 years ago & placed them elsewhere. I have therefore no knowledge as to how 'investments' with Alberto & Anoeca are now going. Might I suggest you speak direct with Lee Barnes at Anoeca who WILL give you a straight answer!

I am not involved with the property market but can advise that our house seems to have increased in value over the last 7 years. Again, Lee Barnes at Anoeca could give you invaluable help & advice on this subject. ~ Grahame

Reactions: Bronxboy

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
Real Estate:

High to exorbitant ASKING prices are still prevalent, sometimes even higher than a couple of years ago. The explanation, IF any... "they" haven't sold anything in... well, sometimes YEARS... so they'd need more money, Ha! Really, you get that some times, no joke!
As Robert stated, the reality of executed business TRANSACTIONS is far different. But you have to WORK it, NEGOTIATE HARD. And to do that effectively, you HAVE to KNOW the market... in depth, and you possibly can't from distance (internet) or the short but superficial immersion of a vacation here.

There are MANY threads about that very subject on the REAL ESTATE section of this Forum which ought to help you form your own opinion.

"Agents" will ALWAYS tell you that "NOW" is the time to BUY... they told the exact contrary to property owners in order to get listings. That's what they DO. That's what they always do and will do... or what?

Investment Firms:

As far as "Investment Firms"... I might only suggest you keep in mind that these are ALL unregulated limited liability protected businesses. There is NO state or government supervision, no regulations, no backup or insurance whatsoever to the "investors".

On the other hand, some of these "firms" have been around for a long time, and they can't afford to breed a selection of unhappy clients... but in theory, they could fold any one day without a warning, declare themselves "bankrupted", their owners "disappear" (with the money, of course) or just comfortably hide behind the veil of "LLC". Additionally, if you are not a national or legal resident, your rights or facilities to SUE are extremely limited/made difficult (EXPENSIVE).
I had that happen ONCE, and brace yourself, in a legally secure country like Switzerland! That company was even ISO certified! The money is gone with the wind.

I personally prefer to invest in trust deed investments DIRECTLY (deed in MY or my company's name!) in markets (countries) I KNOW, with laws which are more favorable to me... and still make about the same returns they promise here (sometimes even more) and not be at the mercy of a "company" holding my assets in IT'S name(s). There are companies which help do (broker) that, but the investments and deeds are in ones name.

... J-D.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Real Estate:

High to exorbitant ASKING prices are still prevalent, sometimes even higher than a couple of years ago. The explanation, IF any... "they" haven't sold anything in... well, sometimes YEARS... so they'd need more money, Ha! Really, you get that some times, no joke!
As Robert stated, the reality of executed business TRANSACTIONS is far different. But you have to WORK it, NEGOTIATE HARD. And to do that effectively, you HAVE to KNOW the market... in depth, and you possibly can't from distance (internet) or the short but superficial immersion of a vacation here.

There are MANY threads about that very subject on the REAL ESTATE section of this Forum which ought to help you form your own opinion.

"Agents" will ALWAYS tell you that "NOW" is the time to BUY... they told the exact contrary to property owners in order to get listings. That's what they DO. That's what they always do and will do... or what?

Investment Firms:

As far as "Investment Firms"... I might only suggest you keep in mind that these are ALL unregulated limited liability protected businesses. There is NO state or government supervision, no regulations, no backup or insurance whatsoever to the "investors".

On the other hand, some of these "firms" have been around for a long time, and they can't afford to breed a selection of unhappy clients... but in theory, they could fold any one day without a warning, declare themselves "bankrupted", their owners "disappear" (with the money, of course) or just comfortably hide behind the veil of "LLC". Additionally, if you are not a national or legal resident, your rights or facilities to SUE are extremely limited/made difficult (EXPENSIVE).
I had that happen ONCE, and brace yourself, in a legally secure country like Switzerland! That company was even ISO certified! The money is gone with the wind.

I personally prefer to invest in trust deed investments DIRECTLY (deed in MY or my company's name!) in markets (countries) I KNOW, with laws which are more favorable to me... and still make about the same returns they promise here (sometimes even more) and not be at the mercy of a "company" holding my assets in IT'S name(s). There are companies which help do (broker) that, but the investments and deeds are in ones name.

... J-D.
Good advice, JD.

Many Dominicans I know invest owner shares in one of the many coops, like Cooperitivo San Jose, Cooperativo Cibao, Vega Real, etc., in pesos. I'm sure there are others. many have been around for many years. Several family member gets a consistent 12-14% return on his shares in one (I think a RD$500,000 minimum is required for "Preferred Stock".) Of course, the loan rates are 22-36%, so good returns can be made.

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
Good advice, JD.

Many Dominicans I know invest owner shares in one of the many coops, like Cooperitivo San Jose, Cooperativo Cibao, Vega Real, etc., in pesos. I'm sure there are others. many have been around for many years. Several family member gets a consistent 12-14% return on his shares in one (I think a RD$500,000 minimum is required for "Preferred Stock".) Of course, the loan rates are 22-36%, so good returns can be made.

12% to 14% in Dominican Pesos?
That's just about a hedge against the DOP-USD devaluation, then. Well, a few points above.

... J-D.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
12% to 14% in Dominican Pesos?
That's just about a hedge against the DOP-USD devaluation, then. Well, a few points above.

... J-D.
True, but it's better than devaluation of your currency, isn't it?

And better that most other places.

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
True, but it's better than devaluation of your currency, isn't it?

And better that most other places.

Yes CB.
I was not trying to give YOU as the messenger a hard time, btw.
Just trying to point out to some readers that currency devaluation may affect that percentage rate quite negatively.
Not everybody is used to juggle with currencies.

... J-D.