Dominicans born away from D.R only speak spanish slang? (and other countries)

G_Delugo

Aug 16, 2010
OK GUYS THIS IS MY 2ND POST SO IM STILL NEW LOL

well im dominican and i moved away very young like before i could say mama, so my mum and dad were real young like 19 and they spoke spanish to me and my other brothers and sisters, the problem is that when we go out to like parties or shops or even back home people say we talk spanish so ruff and slang, like before i didnt know any better and though i was speaking it perfect lol.. even my friends would tell me that i speak spanish so street..

SO i was thinking am i the only one? I mean do you rekon cos my folks were young they couldnt be botherd to talk proper and spooke kinds home talk with us (if that makes sense)>?

Somebody gotta relate to this.. como tu ta << that such a obvious one loooool

ray718

May 28, 2010
Speaking Spanish

You need to realize that there are many forms of spanish in this world. Mexicans, Dominicans, Spaniards,...,etc all speak the dialect of their specific country. Its similar to the english language spoken worldwide. If you want to learn spanish, which is not street or unrefined. My advice to you is take some spanish classes at the college level or when you come d.r. refine your spanish by learning from speakers who are speaking the language well