Export Co-Ops

eddieinmiami

Aug 17, 2010
Well my parents just let me know that we have 25 tareas, not sure exactly where. But we have coffee, cocoa and sugar cane growing there. My grandfather, and a few other relatives also own land in DR.

I have done extensive research in how to export dominican organic products to the USA, and stumbled across co-ops such as FEDECARES?

Are these co-ops useful, trustworthy...will it cut profits? I know there are advantages such as easier organic certification, and marketing advantages. But are co-ops worth it?

eddieinmiami

Aug 17, 2010
Well...25 tareas on one plot of land, but we also own more scattered land in el junco, jarabacoa, and i forgot the other spot.

I am not quite sure on the total amount, but it is a nice amount. We also own a tobaco plantation. But that for now is strictly for our premium cigars. Jose Dominguez, founder of Victor SinClair cigars is my uncle.

I just got word today that the coffee crop has spoiled, because no one wants to work the land? Are you kidding me? I am taking a trip in October to get some sort of idea as to what is going on. And why money is being spoiled.

But I digress, I'd like to sell some of these crops to a co-op or some company. Maybe even work out a lease on the land for someone to farm their own product. But I will not let them sell the land.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Well...25 tareas on one plot of land, but we also own more scattered land in el junco, jarabacoa, and i forgot the other spot.

I am not quite sure on the total amount, but it is a nice amount. We also own a tobaco plantation. But that for now is strictly for our premium cigars. Jose Dominguez, founder of Victor SinClair cigars is my uncle.

I just got word today that the coffee crop has spoiled, because no one wants to work the land? Are you kidding me? I am taking a trip in October to get some sort of idea as to what is going on. And why money is being spoiled.

But I digress, I'd like to sell some of these crops to a co-op or some company. Maybe even work out a lease on the land for someone to farm their own product. But I will not let them sell the land.

Every step of coffee development - from bean to cup

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004

Is the coffee "crop"near Jarabacoa? Do you know where?

we know folks in the coffee business here, and work with the Coffee Cluster here. Possibly I could help.