Cucumber Facial Cleanser

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
Does anyone know if there are similar products in the DR like the June Jacobs Spa Collection.

On a recent trip I sequestered the mints on the pillow so to speak!

The Citrus cleansing bar is not bad but the cucumber facial is real!

Laugh if you want but ...,

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
If I can't buy my products in Canada I visit the store "The Face Shop" in Plaza Central. Reminds me of the Body Shop store.

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
Order online, Mike, if you can't do without your cucumber facial.

June Jacobs Spa Collection

Looking forward to seeing your face.....soft as a baby's behind?!

Lindsey

I found this before and was looking for something less expensive.

St. Ives used to make an apricot facial scrub which was excellent for $6

Amazon has the big bars of June Jacobs cucumber cleanser priced between $12-$18 so i might order a couple of those but with shipping I am looking at $50 for 2 bars of soap

May 12, 2005
My barber uses this when I go for a shave.

65387-Cucumber-Massage-Cream-.gif

laurajane

Bronze
May 23, 2005
www.thecircusofdreams.com
I found this before and was looking for something less expensive.

St. Ives used to make an apricot facial scrub which was excellent for $6

Amazon has the big bars of June Jacobs cucumber cleanser priced between $12-$18 so i might order a couple of those but with shipping I am looking at $50 for 2 bars of soap

St Ives still do the Apricot facial scrub, i use it all the time and buy it in Iberia! Infact they have a pretty good range of St Ives products.

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
St Ives scrub can be found in El Pola, La Sirena, El Nacional in Santo Domingo so it should also be in POP!

laurajane

Bronze
May 23, 2005
www.thecircusofdreams.com
Thanks this helps as I am down to my last sample bar.

I have also bought it in Sema before, but before i could get my hands on it i used to use salt, another excellent thing for revitalizing the skin is the skin from pineapples, just lay the thin strips moist side down on your face for 10 mins, the fruit acid and enzymes do wonders (pop a couple of used tea bags on your eyes too)! Try it!

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
mike, as hot/humid/dusty as it is in DR, skin care's not a crazy subject!

i was thinking you're in sosua. if so, check playero. they have a few st ives products on the right hand side of the store as you get near the hand/bath soaps. i think they have the clay mask & quite possibly the apricot scrub.

st ives used to make a hydroxy peel that i thought worked great - but can't even find it online any longer.

for daily use, i've used 'clean and clear' for a couple of years. i stock up on it when i'm in the u.s., haven't seen it in stores yet on the north coast of DR. if anyone has, let me know where :)

cleanandclear.jpg

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
mike, as hot/humid/dusty as it is in DR, skin care's not a crazy subject!

i was thinking you're in sosua. if so, check playero. they have a few st ives products on the right hand side of the store as you get near the hand/bath soaps. i think they have the clay mask & quite possibly the apricot scrub.

st ives used to make a hydroxy peel that i thought worked great - but can't even find it online any longer.

for daily use, i've used 'clean and clear' for a couple of years. i stock up on it when i'm in the u.s., haven't seen it in stores yet on the north coast of DR. if anyone has, let me know where :)

cleanandclear.jpg

Thanks and I will look again for the St Ives but do not remember seeing any as I saw a zest body wash and decided to try the DR1 approach.

At the end of the day I like to feel clean, not gay!

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
At the end of the day I like to feel clean, not gay!

Mike, it's probably possible to be both. Keep working on it.

The other place I believe may have what you want is the dollar store/supermarket across from entrance to sosua ocean village. I'm referring to the cleansers, by the way ;)

Reactions: Bronxboy

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007