Fun City go-karting

Status
Not open for further replies.

iangillis

Apr 1, 2009
planning to visit there a few times in september; is it really as good as it looks for the price?? $20 all inclusive for as many goes as possible in a day... sounds too good to be true, especially when compared to typical prices in the UK, (equivalent of) around $35 for a half hour/3 lap race! anyone been and care to share?

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I am not sure of the price, as I have not been there recently, but that is the way it works. You can stay all day and ride all you want for the admission price. You can also bribe the workers to give you a faster car.

iangillis

Apr 1, 2009
cool... how fast are the adult cars? do they compare with typical ones here of around 70km/h?

xGabriela

Aug 15, 2010
www.christ-radloff.com
My teenager children were there one year ago. When they came home, my doughter told me that she was happy not to be in hospital, because the cars are in verry bad shape and it is dangerous. Since they visited before, they see the difference. Also parts of the place was closed. Does anybody knows, if the cars are still in bad shape?

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
planning to visit there a few times in september; is it really as good as it looks for the price?? $20 all inclusive for as many goes as possible in a day... sounds too good to be true, especially when compared to typical prices in the UK, (equivalent of) around $35 for a half hour/3 lap race! anyone been and care to share?

Don't expect it to be like the Kart places in the UK.

The karts are not in the best shape and they are not doing 70kmh.

iangillis

Apr 1, 2009
Don't expect it to be like the Kart places in the UK.

The karts are not in the best shape and they are not doing 70kmh.

I'm kinda hoping they're not.... a typical karting experience in the UK involves a half-hour safety lecture, 20 layers of compulsory protective colothing, an ill fitting helmet and stewards flagging you down if you get within 6 inches of another driver... all for 30 minutes max.

Not at all bothered if the cars are a bit ropey, and will be more than happy with 45/50kmh.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Don't get your expectations up.

This is the DR. No helmets, you can wear shorts and flip flops if you want.

Pay your money and go, simple...

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
It's a "for amusement only" park. VERY WELL made, but the circuits are by all means NO racing circuits.
Additionally, most locals call these go-karts "carritos chocones" ["bumping carts" :D] and they find it very funny to use them as such!

It's a great deal with the kids, and yes, they do have an all-you-can-ride deal... which is especially great on week days as the place is then mostly completely empty... ride, ride, ride 'til you can sit anymore!

... J-D.

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
Rd$350

It was $350 in June for all you can ride, with cars in presentable shape.

jojo2130

May 30, 2005
It is a well run business, the carts are in decent shape and the tracks are good. They have 3 levels of "speed" so you can go as fast or as slow as you like.
It certainly isn't very dangerous if you use a little common sense. They faster ones have good brakes and roll bars!
You cant beat the price for a day of entertainment and they have cafeteria and playground for the kiddies.
The owner is usually there and is a Russian man and is very accommodating, friendly and service oriented.

Go and enjoy ! We go there on a regular basis!

jalencastro

Bronze
Dec 15, 2004
www.myspace.com
is this the go kart place on las americas? on the way to la capital from the airport? i recall seeing it off the highway but never saw the name....is this the same place?

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
Strange request....

If anybody does go to Fun City then then please get the son of the owner to P.M. me.

He was a friend that I lost touch with - he used to live in Sun Hills....it was a few years ago now.

Oh and by the way, never play chess with these people for money!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.