Placa for 2010

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Are they issuing the placa yet for 2010?
That's placa, not revista
The Saving and Loan I usually go to is no longer there.
Does anyone know where in Santiago to go besides the government building?

t9d26v.gif

SantiagoDR

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
BanReservas on 27 de Febrero will do it, so will any of the S&Ls....

HB
I did my Revista payment today at the BanReservas on 27 de Febrero this morning and they told me they did NOT do the placa.

I had the money and papers in hand, but they said no.....
Tomorrow I go for the vehicle inspection.
Later tomorrow I will try the places listed in today?s DR1 News for the placa..

t9d26v.gif

SantiagoDR

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Vimenca does them.
I planned on that being my first choice tomorrow.
I had always done it at a specific Savings and Loan but they closed up the place.

Ok what papers. are needed this time copy of matricula, and ???
Not sure, but to play it safe I have copies of the matricula, owners cedular, my cedular, my drivers license and my insurance car.

Now if I could only get cashable copies of the $1,200 pesos. ;) lol

t9d26v.gif

SantiagoDR

Aug 21, 2007
If you live in the Sosua area, I recommend you go to Bankamerica for the placa. They have a sign in front advertising that you can get it there.

I just returned. I thought the place was closed. No lights. Door locked. The security guard opened the door and said, yes, I could get the placa there. The place was empty. An employee came out from a back office. In less than a minute, I was back out the door with placa in hand. Couldn't have been easier.

Lindsey

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Vimenca does them.
The one at Pola (La Sirena) on Bartolome in Santiago told me "No" this morning.

However there is a Savings and Loan inside Pola (La Sirena) and they did it for me.

Don, happy as a pig on Barbecue Day!!!!

Feb 7, 2007
Banco Ademi
Banco Adopem
La Nacional

Those were the ones that were doing "placa" last year. It's most likely the same this year

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
... and NOT to get it confused with "Bank of America" as they told me they have no branch in the Dominican Republic.

Don

Aug 21, 2007
Where exactly is Bankamerica located?

Bankamerica is locate across from Banco Popular in Sosua. It is on the little triangular park, on the side facing Sosua Bay (west, I believe.) You can't miss it, as there is a big sign out front advertising that they have Marbetes.

Lindsey

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Nothing is simple in the D.R.

In search of my placa renewal, I also bought last Thursday my "Revista" from BanReservas.

Saturday I was approached on the street to purchase the actual "Sticker".
Of course I said "no" since I had my receipt from BanReservas for $45 pesos.

Today, Monday, I went to "Obra Publica" (sp) to get the car inspected and sticker.

I was told to come back Thursday or Friday as "no hay" stickers.........

Simplest thing to do would be to buy the one on the street...........

Perhaps they did not have the sticker at the official place because they were too busy selling them on the street for more pocket money....

t9d26v.gif

SantiagoDR

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
You can pay at banco popular?????

Ok now confused!.. This is for the 2010 revista that goes on the windshied? Here I thought we were talking about the plate sticker. damn did we not just buy one of these for 2009 this year.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Ok now confused!.. This is for the 2010 revista that goes on the windshied? Here I thought we were talking about the plate sticker. damn did we not just buy one of these for 2009 this year.
The "Revista" is the Inspection sticker, it expires 12 months from the time of inspection, costs $45 pesos.

The "Placa" is the registration annual renewal, it?s cost is either $1,200 pesos or $2,200 peso I believe, depending on the age of the car.

Both these stickers goes on the right hand side of the windshield.

Last year they did not do the "Revista".

But now they have started issuing them again.

This makes it double confusing and annoying as now both are being done at the same time.

Also, now most vehicles will have their "Revista" being up for renewal in August/September, instead of before when they were more spread out over the year. I wonder what the Inspection teams will be doing the other 10 months of the year, sitting around talking and drinking coffee I guess.

I doubt AMET will let people slide on the "Revista" so that they can be spread through out 12 months of the year. Like let them wait to renew the month shown on the last "Revista". Would they really think of something logical like that?

t9d26v.gif

SantiagoDR

Reactions: waytogo

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
In search of my placa renewal, I also bought last Thursday my "Revista" from BanReservas.

Saturday I was approached on the street to purchase the actual "Sticker".
Of course I said "no" since I had my receipt from BanReservas for $45 pesos.

Today, Monday, I went to "Obra Publica" (sp) to get the car inspected and sticker.

I was told to come back Thursday or Friday as "no hay" stickers.........

Simplest thing to do would be to buy the one on the street...........

Perhaps they did not have the sticker at the official place because they were too busy selling them on the street for more pocket money....

t9d26v.gif

SantiagoDR

ha ha ha
exactly that, totally agreement.
just pay the tax at the Banreservas and keep always the receipt in your car/pocket, and get the sticker from the street.
the easiest hassle free way and it always works
Mike

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
for the guys and gals in Bavaro/PC,
it is like last year the "Nacional" at Plaza Mayoral,
when entering the Plaza it's the first office on the right,
on the street from the Plaza bavaro towards the crossing Friusa.
hassle free, no lines,
you need a copy of the matricula and you have to show your cedula.
I would guess for the Aliens it will be enough to show a passport instead of the cedula.
Mike