Question about New Jersey Dominicans

pimentel79

Jul 24, 2005
Can anyone tell me where do Dominicans stand in reference to the Latino population in the State of New Jersey?

mello809

Aug 18, 2010
Possibly 25/50,000 dominican citizens live in the state of NJ...Of course I am only guessing....On the other hand, I am a dominican citizen living in the city of Istanbul, Turkey...and I have not seen any other dominicans around here...I am here 6 months out of the year...the other 6 months in Huntington, long island, NY..

mello809

Aug 18, 2010
I am planing on moving to the DR in the next two/three years...I have two classic cars, and I need to find out if I can bring them with me....I know that as a dominican citizen moving back to the DR I am entitle to bring at least one vehicle into the country..this cars are from 1966....can someone give me any information on this..I swear, i will share a case of nicely froooosted Presidente beer for the right info...THANKS!!!M1....

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I am planing on moving to the DR in the next two/three years...I have two classic cars, and I need to find out if I can bring them with me....I know that as a dominican citizen moving back to the DR I am entitle to bring at least one vehicle into the country..this cars are from 1966....can someone give me any information on this..I swear, i will share a case of nicely froooosted Presidente beer for the right info...THANKS!!!M1....

mello, use the search box at the top to find prior threads on bringing classic cars to DR. You'll find the answers you need. They need a special designation/certification. No cars over 5 years old are permitted otherwise.

AE

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Can anyone tell me where do Dominicans stand in reference to the Latino population in the State of New Jersey?

I live in New Jersey, and let me tell you they are a huge percentage of the Latinos here. There are lots of pockets of Dominicans - Perth Amboy is loaded, so is Patterson and the neighboring towns, a good size community in Atlantic City area. In those places you'll find many Dominican owned businesses too.

AE

pimentel79

Jul 24, 2005
Thanks to all for your responses, but I should've clarified myself a little better, I meant in comparison to the other latino communities in the state of NJ, who is the largest in latino population in NJ, and where do we stand among them?

mello809

Aug 18, 2010
OK! AlterEgo...I will check it out....if i get the right info....You can claim the half of my case of Presidente...Hopefully in the DR...Thanks.....