Casa de Conducotr question

totallyi2009

Jun 19, 2009
I've rented from Alamo/National on numerous occasions. I'd always use my either Mastercard World or Amex Platinum for CDW and buy a liability insurance from the car rental company.

I wanto to make sure that Alamo's liability insurance includes Casa de Conductor provisions. How do I check it? I've called toll-free number (North American customer service), well, they obviously have no clue... I have also called National/Alamo counters in SDQ and PUJ, but those foks are giving me some run-around...I do know that National/Alamo franchises (in Dom Rep) are owned by Grupo Ambar/Motor Plan S.A.- pretty reputable , large multi-national corps.....But, nevertheless, how can I know how good is their liability insurance???????

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I've rented from Alamo/National on numerous occasions. I'd always use my either Mastercard World or Amex Platinum for CDW and buy a liability insurance from the car rental company.

I wanto to make sure that Alamo's liability insurance includes Casa de Conductor provisions. How do I check it? I've called toll-free number (North American customer service), well, they obviously have no clue... I have also called National/Alamo counters in SDQ and PUJ, but those foks are giving me some run-around...I do know that National/Alamo franchises (in Dom Rep) are owned by Grupo Ambar/Motor Plan S.A.- pretty reputable , large multi-national corps.....But, nevertheless, how can I know how good is their liability insurance???????

They are one of the biggest and most reputable here, the insurance is fine.

You can call them direct on the number below.

(809) 562-1444

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
It should be included in the insurance paperwork they give you. It is in the paperwork that our clients get from the agency we rent from.

Bob K

totallyi2009

Jun 19, 2009
Bob K and Robert,
Thank you for your help!
I called the main number for Alamo-National and they told me that Casa de Conductor is uncluded in the liability. However, I never get any documents pertaining to the insurance. The only document I'd get would be the contract (rental agreement) and that's all.......Also, they also have the deductible waiver, but I was told that it had to do with CDW deductible. Is it so?

Feb 7, 2007
I think their deductible is $500-$1000, depending on the car model. You can always get reduced deductible by paying about 5-6-7 dollars per day for super-CDW which reduces your deductible to 0-to-200 dollars, depending on the car model.