La Roca Restaurant in Sosua...OPEN

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
Freshly painted and now offering imported Beef with 2 outdour Artisian Brick BBQ's things are looking good!

It also looks like there could be pig roasts on a spit as well.

Fresh grilled, poached lobster sounds good!

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
Is kiwi John running the place again?

I don't know, all I saw today was one of the main Waiters that has been there for the 4 years I have been her but I did not see the menu outfront or any smoke from the grills so maybe tomorrow is the grand opening....I will go tomorrow and report

Reactions: Tamborista

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
They had a pre opening last night and the food was very good. Imported beef was excellent.
The menu is not complete yet and will be done over the weekend. My understanding is there will still be some sort of menu for "residents" but I do expect much higher prices, maybe i will be fooled. The opening is planned for 7am Monday with breakfast being seved.
Yes Pedro (long time waiter) is back, No Kiwi John has not returned after his illness last year.
I wish them all the best. Bart the new manager seems to be a very nice accomadating guy and he should do well.

Bob K

Mar 2, 2008
The Grand Pre-Opening Event at La Roca was spectacular!

The food was wonderful and obviously well prepared. The atmosphere was great. The overall ambiance was very relaxed and comfortable. More importantly, all those in attendance seemed to truly enjoy the evening and appreciated the efforts put into making La Roca even better than it was previously.

William has managed to accentuate the existing qualities of of La Roca, while also creating a relaxed and comfortable ambiance. He has succeeded in making a good thing better, which is a rather remarkable accomplishment, in and of itself.

Well done William!

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
Music

I liked the lounge music, Maria behind the bar and the few surviving waiters with longevity there. I wish them all the best.

May 24, 2009
www.swellsurfcamp.com
good news

Happy to have that place in the mix to choose from again - I hope that they keep a local's menu - it makes good business sense from the amount of local customers we have seen there often. In the end, in low season, that is more often than not the bill-payer.

Status
Not open for further replies.