medical charity event and medicine giveaway - POP

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
some of you may remember my thread from last year:
http://www.dr1.com/forums/community-support/94386-medical-charity-event-pop.html
we are holding OMEDAS (operativo medico de ayuda social) again tomorrow, saturday, 21st of august.
the location is: casa albergue de martina, avenida gral. antonio imbert barrera, puerto plata (between puento seco and fortaleza).
the doctors will see people absolutely free of charge and give prescription for meds that will be given away, again, free. all people are welcome, dominicans and haitians alike. there will also be vacunas for kids and adults and CEPROSH will be there with free HIV tests.
last year it was good, this year we are aiming higher so keep your fingers crossed :)
so if you are on the north coast and have dominican/haitian friends/service who have little or no money and health problems - let them know they can receive help tomorrow.
we will be working from 8am to 7pm (with some time off for lunch, presumably).
facebook users can look here: Login | Facebook

Aug 21, 2007
Best of luck, DV8. This is a great project you have undertaken. You are providing a much needed service. I have never before seen CEPROSH at operativos such as this one. Great idea!!! I know the level of work that goes into this, so I appreciate all you have done and all you are doing.

Lindsey

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
we had CEPROSH last year so maybe jorge has some inside contact :)
but i cannot say i have seen them today but then i have seen nothing but piles of meds for 10 hours straight, i have only put my nose out of the onsite farmacia to take few pictures i will post tomorrow, when i gather some strenght ;)
it was a good day altogether and in many ways much better than last year. we had police and military as security and it worked miracles on the behaviour of people - they all stayed in line and were as orderly as can be.
i think we have done a great job in all, kudos to all who have organized, prepared and worked there, i am kinda proud :)
and i think it turns out that dv8 ain't such a blood-sucking, thick-skinned, black-hearted capitalist :D