Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Lifespan on everything is cut by 75%

It seems whatever I buy here has a much shorter lifespan than the same product is suposed to or would have or has had elsewhere. From my Adidas trainers and paying 3500pesos, then they fall apart in 6 months, to going through 2 Infanti baby strollers in a year at a cost of 13000pesos, a cot that lasted 8 months at a cost of 10000pesos and then a waterproof cover for the matress of my daughters little bed that turned out to not be waterproof, wetting the matress trying to wash it and then that falling apart in a record 3 months, and now having trouble finding a matress to fit the odd shaped/sized infant bed we got at 12000pesos and so I expect we are off to buy a new trainer bed today at more cost. What else has its life cropped because it is here and not somewhere else?
    The quality and lifespan of IKEA products looks good at this moment, even though some say stuff falls apart quickly.

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Anastacio View Post
    It seems whatever I buy here has a much shorter lifespan than the same product is suposed to or would have or has had elsewhere. From my Adidas trainers and paying 3500pesos, then they fall apart in 6 months..
    You will see lots of fake trainers (gym shoes) here.

To be assured you are buying a genuine article, you either have to go to the Adidas, Puma etc stores or order online via Zappos, Amazon (reputable store) etc.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

also you may find that the glue used in original shoes may not stand up to tropical humidity- so basically you pay your money and take a chance , if you find one you like , buy 16 pairs

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jrhartley View Post
    also you may find that the glue used in original shoes may not stand up to tropical humidity- so basically you pay your money and take a chance , if you find one you like , buy 16 pairs
    i noticed that, in the timespan of one year, all my electronic devices that i brought broke. i attributed that to them succumbing to tropical humidity.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mariot View Post
    i noticed that, in the timespan of one year, all my electronic devices that i brought broke. i attributed that to them succumbing to tropical humidity.
    RV Tech Library - True Sine Wave versus Modified Sine Wave

It costs a lot more but sine wave inverters might save money in the long run.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mariot View Post
    That and uneven electricity....

Life itself is shorter here by about 25%.....

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

.........errrr I thought we were talking about shoes lol , dont make me delete you

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Shoes and bed wetting, I thought....

But you are correct - the glue is the problem with the shoes - even original (non-fake) shoes.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    You will see lots of fake trainers (gym shoes) here.

To be assured you are buying a genuine article, you either have to go to the Adidas, Puma etc stores or order online via Zappos, Amazon (reputable store) etc.
    A plug for Amazon:

4 months ago I bought what I thought were tough rubber-soled hiking shoes from Amazon.

In a nutshell, they literally fell apart in 4 months, very disappointing, and were 90 days outside Amazon's return policy.

I wrote Amazon to express my disappointment and attached a picture and salesorder number. I also explained that I probably wouldn't have shipped them back because the cost would have been close to US$50, a tad less than I paid for the shoes in the first place.

Within 8 hours they emailed back, apologizing, and said my credit card would be credited 100% of the price on a "one time basis", and I wouldn't have to send the shoes back.

I never expected that. I will buy a replacement pair from them.

Amazon.com, kudos.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cobraboy View Post
    A plug for Amazon:

4 months ago I bought what I thought were tough rubber-soled hiking shoes from Amazon.

In a nutshell, they literally fell apart in 4 months, very disappointing, and were 90 days outside Amazon's return policy.

I wrote Amazon to express my disappointment and attached a picture and salesorder number. I also explained that I probably wouldn't have shipped them back because the cost would have been close to US$50, a tad less than I paid for the shoes in the first place.

Within 8 hours they emailed back, apologizing, and said my credit card would be credited 100% of the price on a "one time basis", and I wouldn't have to send the shoes back.

I never expected that. I will buy a replacement pair from them.

Amazon.com, kudos.
    Amazon is great in handling disputes.

I shop from them all the time and they are highly recommended.

I buy plenty of books for school at great prices.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast