Pepperoni in Jarabacoa

Nov 25, 2008
What a business should NOT be

Pepperoni is a Pizza restaurant in Jarabacoa, have been going their for the past year and a half but lately the service is bad, service is lacking and the attention to better themselves is even worst, even after complaining to the owner [lady] her attention to my grief is that of just a couple of nods; to kill themselves off even better they even raised the prices on all their dishes

Here now is a new place for me is Ranch 2 Rios, same street as going to the "Confluencia", nice atmosphere better prices, great service and the jacuzzi over looking the mountains even better.

Take care Pepperoni [RIP] theirs a new sheriff in town.

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
I'm sorry to hear this about pepperoni, as they were a nice place. I haven't been there lately, so I assume you are right...

Rancho 2 Rios... very friendly people... their menu is varied... but my problem with the one pizza I bought there was, that the tomato sauce was too sweet...

To be honest, to European liking, even Pepperoni is on the edge, Rancho 2 Rios way over... but as for friendliness and service... yes...

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
The single worst pizza I have ever had in my life was from Rancho2Rios. The crust was like melted paper, the sauce sicky sweet, the cheese not good mozzarella, and skimpy on the toppings. No mas, never again...

Pizza and Pepperoni, that's too bad. We haven't been for a while. They used to be good.

Nov 25, 2008
the prices compare to Pep. is much better, I like "Mofongo" in Pepo. its $390 at 2 rios $240, the rest of the items are also cheaper

May 29, 2006
Pizza has a very low cost to make and the bar is not set very high down there. While they may have lost you as a customer, they will prob limp along. I'm in a small college town with more than 30 pizza shops and only about 3 are any good. The ones that do well have the lowest prices and best advertizing. There is a Dominoes right next to a local shop and they both do great business. Dominoes for price and the local for quality.

After I tried Dominican pizza a couple times, I just made bruschetta at home. Way better than pizza and a fraction of the cost. Fresh basil in the DR is pennies compared to what it costs in the US. Make a pesto with some garlic and olive oil, spread it on some Italian bread with fresh diced roma tomatoes and top with Parmesan cheese. Bake for 20 minutes then bask in compliments. Pesto keeps for weeks in the fridge.

Chris_NJ

Bronze
Dec 17, 2003
When I was in Santiago last month we decided to take a trip up to Jarabacoa to hang out, cook, swim somewhere near the confluencia. The river was up and dirty so we looked for a plan B.

We found ourselves at Rancho dos Rios and negotiated a price for like 15 people to use their grill to cook as well as the pool. It seemed like a new place and the view was gorgeous. After cooking all the food we brought we also ordered some pizza. As mentioned above it was kind of doughy and sweet tasting nothing like a NY style pizza. That said I was very hungry that day and ate a lot of it and just chalked it up to that is what pizza in DR is like.

There was a house (I think it was a house and not a hotel) right next to Rancho Dos Rios that looked like a beautiful to place to live/spend the weekend.

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
I do not care also very much for Dominican pizza's, the sauce is too sweet for my taste.
We make them at home these day's, freshly made dough, nice spicy tomato salsa, some good chorizo, fresh basil, garlic, tuna and good mozarella if we find it or the local manchego which is really a very nice cheese on top...yum

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
When I was in Santiago last month we decided to take a trip up to Jarabacoa to hang out, cook, swim somewhere near the confluencia. The river was up and dirty so we looked for a plan B.

We found ourselves at Rancho dos Rios and negotiated a price for like 15 people to use their grill to cook as well as the pool. It seemed like a new place and the view was gorgeous. After cooking all the food we brought we also ordered some pizza. As mentioned above it was kind of doughy and sweet tasting nothing like a NY style pizza. That said I was very hungry that day and ate a lot of it and just chalked it up to that is what pizza in DR is like.

There was a house (I think it was a house and not a hotel) right next to Rancho Dos Rios that looked like a beautiful to place to live/spend the weekend.

That house is owned by the owners of Rancho2Rios and they rent out that house as a holiday house. Prices can be found on their website.

Nov 27, 2002
www.compunorma.com
The best Pizza i ever had in the Dominican was in Nagua. The place is called Pizza2go. Great crust, great sauce great price. I is located on the Ave Maria Trinidad Sachnez in front of the Plaza Quirino.

May 29, 2006
Anyone know of a good NYC style pizza place? A large is 18"-20" (~50cm) thin crisp crust cooked directly in a VERY hot oven with no pan. You should be able to pick up a piece with one hand and put the corner into your mouth. Some charring on the crust is a good thing. Some coal fired ovens in NYC are over 900F in temp.

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
Anyone know of a good NYC style pizza place? A large is 18"-20" (~50cm) thin crisp crust cooked directly in a VERY hot oven with no pan. You should be able to pick up a piece with one hand and put the corner into your mouth. Some charring on the crust is a good thing. Some coal fired ovens in NYC are over 900F in temp.
Pizzarelli. Outstanding pizza's, strombolli's, etc. Not cheap but best I've found here...

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
are we still in Jarabacoa here - as we seem to be straying to pizzas of the Dominican Republic

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
Best pizza I've had here is from Casa de CB:

Homemade crust and jazzed-up storebought sauce:
Pizza1.jpg

Real Mozzarella and Cheddar cheeses:
Pizza2.jpg

Italian sausage, Hormel pepperoni, onions, black olives, green peppers, tomatoes, mushrooms and NO CORN!:cheeky:
Pizza3.jpg

That there is some goooood eatin'...
Pizza4.jpg