Curry house in Santo Domingo

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
is something I've never come across, not only in Santo Domingo but in the country. Has anyone come across one or even better can recomend one to me. Thai could be a nice idea also but I expect that's an even longer shot than a curry house.
Any offerings much appreciated, I do miss a good curry.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
In SD a couple of places have come and gone over the years. There was a place run by a lady from Pakistan near the central police HQ, don't know if it's still there.

In the east, we have Serai and Balicana in B?varo. Both have menus with a combination of South/East Asian dishes. Serai does authentic Indian curries and Malaysian dishes, Balicana is more Thai/Indonesian.

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
In Sosua there was a place that done thai dont know about curry. by the romanof hotel

SteveS

Apr 15, 2008
I got married at Scherezade, food is excellent. But not really curry or any kind of picante. Different to the usual though.

I've found that the food here is always adapted to the local pallette, and hence is never spicy. I asked for the thai curry at Grillo Bravo as hot as they could make it. Was weak to say the least... And their menu is mostly thai.

I've been on the same hunt in SD for years to no avail, do it yourself is the only way!

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I got married at Scherezade, food is excellent. But not really curry or any kind of picante. Different to the usual though.

I've found that the food here is always adapted to the local pallette, and hence is never spicy. I asked for the thai curry at Grillo Bravo as hot as they could make it. Was weak to say the least... And their menu is mostly thai.

I've been on the same hunt in SD for years to no avail, do it yourself is the only way!

Didn't I see you sweating at my place one evening? :)

SteveS

Apr 15, 2008
Didn't I see you sweating at my place one evening? :)

True Sir, but was indeed a DIY job. A fine one at the hands of Sr. AZB I have to admit, but still, the general populous needs a good spicy restaurant.

Maybe AZB should open his own place...