Benni Katz auto dealer - question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Afgan

Mar 29, 2009
A fresh visitor to Sosua is about to buy a used vehicle and likes to know reputation of a Sosua dealer Bennie Katz. Did anyone have an experience of buying from/through him please? Does he speak English? Any website maybe?

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
He speaks perfect English and has a good reputation. He was born in Sosua and has been in business at present location for a long time.

Aug 21, 2007
He is a class guy. His wife and children also work in the business. I did business with him once and I would not hesitate to go there again.

Lindsey

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
I bought a boat off him.

Quite a nice fellow to do business with. His son and his wife also work in the business. They all speak a little English.

Took me about a year to get all the correct documents for the boat though, but with some gentle persuasion he got it all sorted. Had to get firm, but not angry with him. He always replied with a smile and a "Si senor"!

My advice would be to agree on a price, pay about three quarters to drive the vehicle away, with the balance payable on receipt of matricula in your name.

That way he will be motivated to get the paperwork sorted for you quickly!

Try and negotiate the traspaso (transfer tax) in the deal.

retiree

Bronze
Jan 18, 2008
We bought a car from him 5 years ago and we are still driving it. He was very helpful and a doing business with him was very pleasant.

Afgan

Mar 29, 2009
Thank you all!

My personal experience with Benny was also positive. But I wanted more confirmations and got them.

We spoke Spanish and German so I was not sure about his English command.

Dankesch?n

Status
Not open for further replies.