Thread: snorkelling off sosua beach

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default snorkelling off sosua beach

afternoon all.. last year i pretty much just paddled out a few hundred yards to the coral formations about halfway down the beach in front of where the catamarans are moored. want to go further afield this time and am wondering what's the best way to go about it? I know there's plenty of boats touting to take groups out, but is it best to book with one of the shopfront dive centres and pay that little bit more?.... that said, what's the going rate for a couple of hours snorkel (not scuba) trip anyway?

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

dunno Im not a good swimmer so i stick close to the shore - a trip to paradise island is a good snorkling place if you wanted to go further afield - take plenty of suncream and snorkle with a t shirt on

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

went to paradise island last year... not too impressed with being herded like cattle with all the other (far too many imho) trippers; people bumping into each other, trying to go one way and being dragged back by the ankle... that sort of thing. by further afield I meant a launch from sosua beach.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

I think you probably have to hang around in the carpark by the boats and have a price in mind that you are happy paying......Im sure someone will ask if they can help you