Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best pizza in cabarete?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Best pizza in cabarete?

Hi Guys

Will be in beautifull Cabarete this weekend and was wondering about the best pizza in the area, any feedback will be apreciate!

Thanks

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

apparently pizza is a very personal thing ...so its difficult to give judgement

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I had the pizza in the Coconut Palms Resort the other day and it was quite good.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Pomodoro's on the beach.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with the statement that how good pizza is depends on a person's taste. I like Pomodoro's, Lax Diabolo pizza, and for a different type with lots of real mozzarella the pizza from the German restaurant that's open 24/7 in the center of town (across the street from the beach). Blank, gosh, anyone remember the name?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I have recently heard a very good review for the pizza at Mangoes (on street by entrance to Casita del Papi's). I heard it is the Italian guy that used to have the pizza restaurant over by Janet's a few years ago.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh thank you guys, I heard from the guy around Janet's supermaket, will try and will let you know.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dr_dreamin View Post
    I have recently heard a very good review for the pizza at Mangoes (on street by entrance to Casita del Papi's). I heard it is the Italian guy that used to have the pizza restaurant over by Janet's a few years ago.
    You mean Antonio. I hope it is him. He had the best pizza, but he needs a wood burning fireplace to make it right.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by windeguy View Post
    Hexenkessel?
    Yes, thanks windeguy, that's it.

If the guy at Mangoe's is the same Antonio who used to be next to Janet's, I won't bother. I tried his pizza several times back then; paper thin, so much so that we had to fold it like a wrap to be able to hold it in our hands. I didn't find this guy entertaining at all, but extremely rude with his employees and at times also with his customers.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by windeguy View Post
    Isn't it interesting that two people can even have such different opinions about the same pizza chef, let alone the same pizza?
    Actually Antonio was in fact pretty rude to his employees. At the end he was waiting on tables himself. But like it is said, to each his own on Pizza. I like thin crust pizza myself.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast