Best pizza in cabarete?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CarinaR

Feb 2, 2009
Hi Guys

Will be in beautifull Cabarete this weekend and was wondering about the best pizza in the area, any feedback will be apreciate!

Thanks

Gringo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
I had the pizza in the Coconut Palms Resort the other day and it was quite good.

Jan 17, 2009
I agree with the statement that how good pizza is depends on a person's taste. I like Pomodoro's, Lax Diabolo pizza, and for a different type with lots of real mozzarella the pizza from the German restaurant that's open 24/7 in the center of town (across the street from the beach). Blank, gosh, anyone remember the name?

dr_dreamin

Jan 20, 2010
I have recently heard a very good review for the pizza at Mangoes (on street by entrance to Casita del Papi's). I heard it is the Italian guy that used to have the pizza restaurant over by Janet's a few years ago.

CarinaR

Feb 2, 2009
Oh thank you guys, I heard from the guy around Janet's supermaket, will try and will let you know.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I have recently heard a very good review for the pizza at Mangoes (on street by entrance to Casita del Papi's). I heard it is the Italian guy that used to have the pizza restaurant over by Janet's a few years ago.

You mean Antonio. I hope it is him. He had the best pizza, but he needs a wood burning fireplace to make it right.

Jan 17, 2009
Hexenkessel?

Yes, thanks windeguy, that's it.

If the guy at Mangoe's is the same Antonio who used to be next to Janet's, I won't bother. I tried his pizza several times back then; paper thin, so much so that we had to fold it like a wrap to be able to hold it in our hands. I didn't find this guy entertaining at all, but extremely rude with his employees and at times also with his customers.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Isn't it interesting that two people can even have such different opinions about the same pizza chef, let alone the same pizza?

Actually Antonio was in fact pretty rude to his employees. At the end he was waiting on tables himself. But like it is said, to each his own on Pizza. I like thin crust pizza myself.

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
I had that pizza, Bocatta's and would not go back again.....thin crust, no paper thin crust, not much sauce even though I asked for a little extra, and very lite on the toppings.... I would suggest Aqualero (sp) near the entrance of the Callejon

DR Mpe

Banned
Mar 31, 2003
Apparently Nikki Beach have a proper pizza oven - did not go there yet, but will do this weekend to try. I've always been a fan of Pomodoros until now.

If the small water bottle is 150 pesos, how much is the pizza at Nikki Beach? Who is their target group? Maybe they have info that I don?t have, maybe new type of tourists are coming, othervise I think they r closed very soon

Hexcencassel is the worst and only worth visiting if u r starving and NOTHING else is open. U get a great view of the traffic though.

I think lax or Pomodoros makes the best pizza. Actually the pizza at Casanova was good last time also.

May 24, 2009
www.swellsurfcamp.com
If the small water bottle is 150 pesos, how much is the pizza at Nikki Beach? Who is their target group? Maybe they have info that I don?t have, maybe new type of tourists are coming, othervise I think they r closed very soon

Once we try it, I'll let you know......Nikki Beach - they are welcome in Cabarete in our view but we also have doubts about their viability :ermm:

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
I cannot believe that Nikki Beach sent the correct people to Cabarete for their advanced planning. If they had, there would not be here. I cannot imagine them still being here when a place like Pitu went out of business.

Still interested to see what their pizza is like and the price versus the performance, so to speak.

Do they charge a $25 cover for the right to purchase a Pizza?

Or is there a cover charge?

I ave heard that's the price of admission to Nikki beach

Aug 21, 2007
Do they charge a $25 cover for the right to purchase a Pizza?

Or is there a cover charge?

Mike- Where have you been....and what about the pizza question....it's about time you chime in...and now please respond on the thread about the best restaurants in Sosua.....:glasses:

Lindsey

Reactions: mike l

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
Mike- Where have you been....and what about the pizza question....it's about time you chime in...and now please respond on the thread about the best restaurants in Sosua.....:glasses:

Lindsey

I don't like the Pizza in the DR as most places use DR made Mozzerella which I don't care for so i make my own or go to Pizza hut.

I have been extremly busy and don't have too much time for this.

I will check out the restaurant thread but i was told a long time ago if you don't have anything good to say don't say anything at all

tpatzy

Aug 26, 2010
Pomodoro is owned by Paolo an italian, therefore pizza is top rated. Best pizza outside of italy.

FritoBandito

Bronze
Dec 19, 2009
None of the pizzas I ate in the DR even come close to the pizza joints where I come from in the US....none....

As far as pizza in Cabarete, the Hexen Kessel german restaurant in the center of town has pizza which is better than most pizzas I've ate in the DR.

Status
Not open for further replies.