Searching for Textile Factory

sawatch777

Aug 25, 2010
Hello all,

I am a small textile manufacturer in the states. Most of my products are US made. However, I have a small line that can be outsourced outside the states. I will be in Cabarete for two weeks starting on Sept 8th, 2010. Please refer me to any manufacturing facilities that I can look into while in DR.

Thanks for your time and consideration with regard to this matter.

Mike

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
Depending on your item & volumes, you could contact Grupo-M at 809-241-7171 or email Joseph Blumberg jblumberg@grupom.com.do. I'm not sure who their client base is now, but they're a long time manufacturer for many mainstream brands (Hilfiger, Gap, Polo, Levi, Claiborne, etc) as well as mass merchants (Walmart, Kohl's, etc). Lots of info on their website.

If you call, ask for customer service (they'll speak english) as will Joseph if you decide to email him.

They do some production in Haiti as well, which may be beneficial for you both in terms of cost and PR.

ps: they're located in Santiago, about an hour from Cabarete. I suspect if your product sounds like a good possibility, they'll arrange to have someone come pick you up for a facility tour (if you ask nicely)

Last edited:

sawatch777

Aug 25, 2010
thanks for the leads. keep them coming please. These are looking good. Looking forward to getting down there and putting some deals together.

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
Hey I think that's a good one, they do private label socks. I am a sporting goods company located in Colorado Rocky Mountains. Their doing some for the Sierra Club and lots of others. thanks

Their page indicates they're in Puerto Plata which is about 40 minutes from Cabarete.