best places to eat out in sosua

Status
Not open for further replies.

iangillis

Apr 1, 2009
if you only had two weeks in Sosua and would like to eat out in a restaurant for 4 or 5 of the nights, and you're quite partial, but not exclusively limited to, pizza and mexican... what four or five restaurants would you pick for something different each time?

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
ignoring the pizza and mexican, I would go to orchidee, las costera,mofongo,romanoff or Germainia

RenatoSosua

Bronze
Nov 8, 2006
groups.yahoo.com
if you only had two weeks in Sosua and would like to eat out in a restaurant for 4 or 5 of the nights, and you're quite partial, but not exclusively limited to, pizza and mexican... what four or five restaurants would you pick for something different each time?

Simply Red
La Roca
Baileys
Don Andres
Oh La Vache
Hostaria

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
where is hostaria by the way

Ive wanted to try don andres for a while, but people told me it was more of a place to drink- will try soon on your recommendation lol (I usually close places down)

Naptime

Jul 23, 2008
www.vitos.com
lacostera
rockys
romanoff
orchidee
baileys
brittania

forget the mexican.. it aint mexico.

for pizza, i would stick to rockys, oh la vache, and baileys

Reactions: waytogo
Mar 2, 2008
For leisurely dining, with a touch of elegance and serving unique, tasty and well-prepared food:

La Costera, Orchidee, Simply Red, La Roca, Bailey's, La Finca, Water Front, Terra Linda (in no particular order).

For consistently good food offering reliable service and moderate prices, with comfortable and friendly atmospheres:

Brittania, Rockys, Romanoff, Good News, BJ's, Hostaria (also in no particular order)

Obviously, Cubano Cafe is a great place for cafe, desserts, and quick sandwiches, also moderately prices, with a wonderful view of the 'happenings' across Pedro Clisante.

And these are just the ones within easy walking distance in the "downtown" area.

Sosua has a large selection of interesting restaurants, and sometimes the owners and the menus change, offering even more options. Sometimes it's nice just to explore and try something new for a change.

iangillis

Apr 1, 2009
Catcher seems to have hit the hammer on the head about this topic

certainly has, and I thank him and everyone else, lots of positive suggestions, will have to pack a few next-size-up clothing items for the journey home!

Quite amusing to see where the Sosua ex-pat community priorties lie.... consider the response to this gastric thread compared to me other, more active pastime question on here...
http://www.dr1.com/forums/north-coast/105904-snorkelling-off-sosua-beach.html

;)

Black Dog

Bronze
May 29, 2009
If I were on my honeymoon I would go for more romantic settings like
The Waterfront, Pier Giorgio, Sosua Ocean Village.
They cost a bit more but the settings are stunning!

Reactions: Tamborista

iangillis

Apr 1, 2009
i've tried making a room reservation at Pier Giorgio, but the website returns a syntax error after I fill in all the details... if need be, I can ask someone to go and make a reservation in person on my behalf....

does anyone know what a decent meal per person would cost there? thinking maybe booking for the entire wedding party (10) meal-only, if more DR priced than UK priced...

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
Iangillis,
You might want to have a look at Sosua News Good Restuarant guide. It is fairly up to date and relatively unbiased. Here is the URL : Sos?a-News - Restaurant Guide

Click on a Restaurant and it gives more information includng price range based on actual meals there. You might want to try Che Arsenios for a special lunch or Pier Giorgios

HTH

OLLY

Last edited:

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
i've tried making a room reservation at Pier Giorgio, but the website returns a syntax error after I fill in all the details... if need be, I can ask someone to go and make a reservation in person on my behalf....

does anyone know what a decent meal per person would cost there? thinking maybe booking for the entire wedding party (10) meal-only, if more DR priced than UK priced...

I do not recommend eating at Piergiorgio. Food marginal at best, and the prices are very high. For cocktails yes, as the view is spectacular, but eating no. You will think you are back in the UK when you get the bill.

Ben

Feb 2, 2004
My favorite in Sosua is still Morua Mai. It's very clean, the food is always good and the service is great. They will even make Fajitas for you (though I don't know if that's a genuine Mexican dish). For pizza, go to O La Vache. I also recommend Gaudi, a Spanish tapas restaurant. All three are on Pedro Clisante.

Have fun.
Ben

Reactions: mike l
Aug 21, 2007
My favorites- no special order

Orchidee $
Simply Red $$
Bologna $$$
Waterfronts $$$
El Porto (Sosua Ocean Village) $$$$

Last edited by a moderator:

Bklynny

Jan 29, 2009
mrsmangu.com
In addition to the restaurants mentioned, I would suggest venturing out of Sosua at least one of the nights within the 2 weeks, and try El Manguito (right by Playa Dorada).

woofsback

Bronze
Dec 20, 2009
old fashioned

i've never been one for fancy restaurants
when i visit i always seem to enjoy them
i prefer the small mom and pop's places...
they seem to put a little more care and effort into it..
the prices are lower but most caes the effort and care are higher

i suggest trying the small little shack you see...check iit out...you just may be surprised :)

when i'm tired of explorin i always end up at rocky's for some good quality food and a good ambience while i enjoy it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.