i need a travel buddy :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dandudette

May 10, 2007
hey guys!!
so heres the deal..
im looking for a potential travel buddy.. pref female!!
im 22 years old.. loves to drink party and have fun..outgoing and not afraid to express myself.. :)
im thinking to rent an apartment for a month or 2 in puerto plata.. sosua.. or caberete... cheap and cheerful..
i have saved some money.. so looking for a long vacation partner :)
any one out there...??
october time :) contact meeee
x

Reactions: wuarhat

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
Errr, you are looking in all the wrong places...this isnt a singles meeting place!

Scooter

Feb 15, 2002
I think this is a perfectly fine post for this board. Let's not get too overboard with discrimination. If I was looking to save money on my trip and needed a travel partner what better place to post than here?

May 29, 2006
You may want to indicate if you are a guy or a girl...

If you are female and easy on the eyes, then you may even be able to get a day job at a beach bar in Cabarete and stay all winter.

dandudette

May 10, 2007
thanks scooter i thought well.. domincan.. and travel indicated that..! :)
and peter.. i am female! :) always fancied working at LAX haha :)

dandudette

May 10, 2007
hahahah :p very funn bronxboy.. theres always one!! and yes as a room mate.. i would prefer female! but if there is a guy. i would consider a new friend :) lol

dandudette

May 10, 2007
thanks bernies :) i need to find a furnished one.. any ideas of sites i could look at for affordable ones.. :) i really appreciate your help guys :)

jojo2130

May 30, 2005
Did you want a Dominican amiga or someone to split costs????????. I Know lots of Dominican girls who are honest and fun and would enjoy that ! But they are poor !

dandudette

May 10, 2007
hey jo jo :)

i would love to obviously make more dominican friends... but i cant afford to support 2 people :( so a split cost is good.. as can stay longer :) thanks for your pos (Y)

and thanks Hlywud :)

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
Here's a good starting resource for all things Cabarete, including rentals:

Cabarete - Dominican Republic - by Active Cabarete

As for the $225/mo. rental near the beach...maybe not exactly, but pretty close to that can be found. And near the beach would be relative. ProCab is probably the best combination of vicinity plus value. You can walk to the center of town in about 10 mins from most of the apartments in that community and it's pretty safe, lots of surfers, kiters and tourists-on-a-budget live/stay there.

Another option is Playa Encuentro, especially if you are a surfer...some great deals on apartments...both for one or sharing...great beach, cool vibe, but about 2-3 miles from the center of town.

I believe Windeguy on this board has some studios he rents for around $250-300 (sorry if Im off on this!) in a gated community across from the beach, but not really close to the center of Cabarete...

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.