Are pregnant women legally banned from specific venues in D.R. ?

BigLongBeach

Feb 8, 2010
Are pregnant women legally banned from specific venues in D.R. ?

i got off the phone with my friends sister today who is pregnant. i told her "when i visit we'll go to dinner and dancing afterwards"

she told me it is illegal for pregnant women to be in bars, clubs, pool halls, etc.

Is this true? or just a Dominican "thing"?
She told me she went to pick up her brother one time in a pool hall and they wouldn't let her in.

Oche

Jan 6, 2004
There is the legal maternity leave of absence from work; if the pregnant woman is a minor cannot enter bars and alcohol serving places. Other than those restrictions, none others (that i can remember) expressly found in enacted laws, however private establishments such as bars/clubs/restaurants/etc can and will admit and not admit for entrance whomever they want (it's an ongoing debate that has been for years)...In my humble opinion i find that to the contrary, in recent years the ongoing campagn against domestic violence has favored the genre and has been supporting the concept of a "prefered" status/condition over men, so that means that pregnant/non pregnant women can pretty much go wherever they please whenever they want to an even greater extent than men.

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
There is the legal maternity leave of absence from work; if the pregnant woman is a minor cannot enter bars and alcohol serving places. Other than those restrictions, none others (that i can remember) expressly found in enacted laws, however private establishments such as bars/clubs/restaurants/etc can and will admit and not admit for entrance whomever they want (it's an ongoing debate that has been for years)...In my humble opinion i find that to the contrary, in recent years the ongoing campagn against domestic violence has favored the genre and has been supporting the concept of a "prefered" status/condition over men, so that means that pregnant/non pregnant women can pretty much go wherever they please whenever they want to an even greater extent than men.

That is true.Many times I've seen drunken or maybe drugged pregnant women go crazy on the streets, stealing etc. and nobody will touch them not even the cops.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Pool halls are considered to be places "where women should no go", but it is more societal than anything else...
For years women were banned from Bader's place--the coodest, best beer in the whole freakin' Dominican Republic--along with great kippes and other eats...Men only...

Now, women are allowed to sit on beer crates in the front of the place, but still not in back...a real men's paradise.

HB

BigLongBeach

Feb 8, 2010
Cool thank you for clearing that up. it seems that it's one of those its legal but not done due to a establishments beliefs.

For years women were banned from Bader's place--the coodest, best beer in the whole freakin' Dominican Republic--along with great kippes and other eats...Men only...

bader's place? great Kippes? i have been to D.R. 5 times this year and i have to admit i have not had 1 good Kippe or pastelito...

If you remember where Bader's is i would love to go. Google shows it as casa de teatro and some blog has is on 16 de augusto