surfing in Sosua

Mar 2, 2008
The beaches in Sosua are probably not the best choose for surfing. Too many swimmers, and no consistent rolling surf.

Playa Grande in Rio San Juan has good surfing, at certain times of the day, and there are other spots that are equally as good, or so I hear.

I'm sure the surfers (which I am decidedly not) on this board are quite able to steer you in the right direction. Whether they will or not is up to them. They may choose to keep those select spots to themselves.

Reactions: mike l

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
they surf at encuentro beach between sosua and cabarete but its quite early in the morning to catch the waves

there are a few u tube videos of secret places on the north coast

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
Cabarete has quite good surfing areas as well...

and from what I heard... JR's swimming pool while he is fishing for those centipedes?...:bunny:

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
Answered your other post. You will get more replys and be less confused if you post each question only one time.
Have a great day

Bob K

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
surfing beach

Go to Encuentro in Cabarete. It only breaks good in the am while the wind is down but its consistent. Go to the website Magic Seaweed and it will tell you all you need to know including a daily report. When you go wear booties as the bottom can hide sea urchins. Sosua only breaks on really big days and when it does its very crowded. Encuentro is only ten minutes towards Cabarete from Sosua on the only highway. Entrance is on the left going to Cabarete after you go up the only hill. Sign say Coconut Palms Hotel as I remember. Its excellent waves.

PapaGG

May 31, 2010
surfing

I agree... Playa Encuentro is the place, they have instruction there as well. The turn-off is smack dab in the middle between Sosua and Cabarete. Turn at the Coconut Palms Hotel sign and following the road. They just regraded it and it's smooth, smooth.

Enjoy.