Most beautiful beach in the country?

Janny

Aug 25, 2010
My idea of a beautiful beach - soft white sand, of course. Palm trees, breezes. Not crowded, but enough people to be entertaining. Easy water access, not too much surf. Interesting corals/fish, etc. for snorkeling not far offshore. A beachfront restaurant/bar or two. CLEAR WATER. Not too near the road, but don't have to hike to get there. OVERALL BEAUTIFUL. Love your opinions! Thanks.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Plenty of worthy candidates but my votes go for Rinc?n on the Saman? peninsula, Macao on the east coast and Saona Island off the south east coast.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
If you are looking for a small beach I would suggest Playa Caleton in Rio S. Juan. Tony will set you up a table and serve fresh fish and lobster in the shade.

For a large beach Playa Rincon as already mentioned here.

If you choose Playa Rincon go left to the end from exiting the road and let the "Fat Lady" in the last food tent cook some fish for you. Also there is a river there.

Dominican Republic - Playa Caleton

Squat

Tropical geek in Las Terrenas
Jan 1, 2002
Playa Cos?n... Or basically most beaches in the broader Las Terrenas area...

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
no snorkeling though at Rincon. When we where there not a fish in sight... and the road to it is hell, take a boat from Las Galeras...

tjmurray

Bronze
Aug 11, 2006
How did you get there if I may ask? Its not an obvious route to Miches so I am curious how you did it.

The coast and beaches of Miches are beautiful I saw from the pictures.

Where would you be coming from? The town of Mitches does not have what most would consider a pretty beach, but as mentioned, Playa Esmeralda is one of my favorites on the island. I have not been back since construction began on a resort so it would be great to get an update here. Playa Esmeralda is about a 30 minute drive east of Miches.

I also failed to mention Punta Rucia, which someone already did. Punta Rucia has the snorkeling that Rinc?n does not.

JFD

Feb 10, 2010
Bah?a de las Aguilas is I think the most spectacular beach in the country.

The third beach on the right side of Playa Rincon is also very nice, yo have to access swimming or hiking, good spot for morey also.

bakersindr

Jan 2, 2008
members.shaw.ca
Playa Grande is my favorite beach I have been on anywhere. It is probably too much on the quiet side for what you are looking for though and the snorkelling wasn't much to talk about either but a kilometer or more of gorgeous beach almost all to ourselves is heaven.

rice&beans

Silver
May 16, 2010
Wave

Playa Grande is my favorite beach I have been on anywhere. It is probably too much on the quiet side for what you are looking for though and the snorkelling wasn't much to talk about either but a kilometer or more of gorgeous beach almost all to ourselves is heaven.

It's not my fav........but it's a pretty cool PLAYA....love it.....great golf course also.

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
Where would you be coming from? The town of Mitches does not have what most would consider a pretty beach, but as mentioned, Playa Esmeralda is one of my favorites on the island. I have not been back since construction began on a resort so it would be great to get an update here. Playa Esmeralda is about a 30 minute drive east of Miches.

I also failed to mention Punta Rucia, which someone already did. Punta Rucia has the snorkeling that Rinc?n does not.

We would be coming from Jarabacoa.
The project you mentioned close to Miches is Ceyba Park, I have seen pictures of it but not for real yet.

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
La Cuevas at Bahia de las Aguilas has all that you had asked for......and one of the prettiest beaches in the country.