Villa Taina

Status
Not open for further replies.

aprildawn

Aug 26, 2010
Can I get some info about this hotel. The reviews on trip advisor are old. I would like to stay at a place with at least breakfast included, on the beach, close to town so we can walk and go shopping. I also saw they have money exchange at the hotel. Does anyone know if it's good to exchange money at the hotel or would a bank be better.
Thanks

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
Go for the beachfront rooms if it's an option... they're for the most part not really beach view, as it's blocked by the restaurant and little surf shop... but you'll be right at the pool and a 15 second walk to the beach.

I stayed there a few times back in 2000, but pretty quickly switched next door to Cabarete Condos. There you truly have ocean view, even from the studios. Check it out if you haven't already made your reservations. While you might be happy enough at Villa Taina, I think you'd be happier at Palm Beach Condos. Hotel Cabarete Palm Beach Condos and Studios

Don't worry about breakfast included... you can buy breakfast at several place a 2 minute walk from either for a very reasonable price. Eggs, bacon, toast, coffee, juice for about US$4 at Friends on the main road, for example. Pastry & juice at Dick's bakery for about half that. And if you go with the condo or studio... you'll have your own refrigerator, stove, and cooking utensils... have your own really cheap breakfast on your own balcony at your leisure overlooking the beach.

aprildawn

Aug 26, 2010
Thanks for the info about the condo next door. I checked out the website and I think I might go with that!
Gracias!

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
There are money exchange places all over Cabarete, but they all have the same rate..........better than most hotel rates, but not as good as a real cambio.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
There are money exchange places all over Cabarete, but they all have the same rate..........better than most hotel rates, but not as good as a real cambio.

For the best exchange rate in Cabarete by far, go to Caribe Express heading towards Sousa on your left.

Status
Not open for further replies.