Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mike...I can bring a bag of lemons to you.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Mike...I can bring a bag of lemons to you.

Hi Mike,

My husband and I will arrive Christmas Day. I can get a bag of lemons at the store before we leave so they will be fresh.

Where shall we find you. We are staying right on the beach in Cabarete.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Huh? I hope these are very special lemons, because we have tons of lemons, limes, and sweet lemons in The DR. Much cheaper than in The US and Canada (not sure where you're going from).

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought so but on another post he asked for lemons to go with his vodka. Maybe i didn't understand and it was some kind of code. Leave it to me no to get the joke.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    I thought so but on another post he asked for lemons to go with his vodka. Maybe i didn't understand and it was some kind of code. Leave it to me no to get the joke.
    I think he needs yellow lemons pronto for his Veal Picatta?

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by suarezn View Post
    Huh? I hope these are very special lemons, because we have tons of lemons, limes, and sweet lemons in The DR. Much cheaper than in The US and Canada (not sure where you're going from).
    Where do you find yellow lemons? Never saw them here. In fact, I can't even tell which ones are lemons and which one are limes here.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I've never seen a yellow lemon for sale in DR.

I've had some green lemons and let them sit around for a while to see if they would change color. They sure did........ Brown.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm...not sure nowadays. I would have expected that you could find them in the supermarket (La Sirena for instance), on the side of the road, local colmado, tell some kid to get you some and you'll buy from them, etc...I haven't looked for lemons in The DR as I have my own tree in my house (Lime). I know when I was growing up these were very common, but maybe over the last few years they have disappeared.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by suarezn View Post
    Hmmm...not sure nowadays. I would have expected that you could find them in the supermarket (La Sirena for instance), on the side of the road, local colmado, tell some kid to get you some and you'll buy from them, etc...
    Nope. Ask for a limon and you'll get a lime every time.

Personally, I like them better. Thinner skin, more juice, I even buy limes in NJ, and LimeAde is delicious.

AE

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AlterEgo View Post
    Nope. Ask for a limon and you'll get a lime every time.

Personally, I like them better. Thinner skin, more juice, I even buy limes in NJ, and LimeAde is delicious.

AE
    Ask for a Limon Amarillo.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    Hi Mike,

My husband and I will arrive Christmas Day. I can get a bag of lemons at the store before we leave so they will be fresh.

Where shall we find you. We are staying right on the beach in Cabarete.
    Hi Scooter,

I live just 10 minutes from Cabarete in Sosua,

I will send you a PM with my phone number but we could meet at Jose Oshay's which is an american/irish sports bar right on the beach and I will buy the drinks and pay well for the lemons

thanks mike

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast