You guys will love this

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Leo el Prez has just asked his Congress to add 88 million dolaritos to the budget for the Coral Expressway out to Punta Cana.

This means that the budget for this little road over nearly level land with maybe two or three bridges to be built or improved will now cost US$360 million, up from the original $272 million. For a 4 lane highway....and yes, Virginia, it is going to be a toll road, too!!!

Do you think this might have to do with the 2012 elections??? Gee whiz, professor, I dunno????

And nobody the wiser....

HB

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
...love it like the plague.

This country would be as close to paradise as possible if it weren't for the inutil politicians.

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
Leo el Prez has just asked his Congress to add 88 million dolaritos to the budget for the Coral Expressway out to Punta Cana.

This means that the budget for this little road over nearly level land with maybe two or three bridges to be built or improved will now cost US$360 million, up from the original $272 million. For a 4 lane highway....and yes, Virginia, it is going to be a toll road, too!!!

Do you think this might have to do with the 2012 elections??? Gee whiz, professor, I dunno????

And nobody the wiser....

HB

Hey HB, they have to account for all of the comisiones being handed out in that contratico.

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
My only hope is that they at least end building it with decent quality (that highway is really needed) and not like The Jacobo Majluta stretch in Santo Domingo which ended up having to be rebuilt like three times and of course cost like ten times the original budget. If at least The DR adopted the policies of Suharto (Indonesia) who told his cronies that they could steal, but at least make sure to put out an excellent product.

BTW speaking of corruption did anybody see Nuria's interview with the new mayor of Santiago and what situation he found the town's admin in when he took over. The body guard of the former mayor whom with a salary of 15k pesos a month has BMWs, Porches, etc...along with many investments worth millions. He even gave his girlfriend a BMW as a gift...imagine that.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
You have to wonder just "what part" of the old mayor's body was he guarding, huh?

No I did not say that!!!

HB

amparocorp

Bronze
Aug 11, 2002
the amazing part is that when these crooks get caught they insist that they did nothing wrong, and actually, deep in their hearts, believe they did nothing wrong and will insist that they worked like dogs for that money and are entitled to it for all that hard work.