DR1 Traffic - Record Numbers!

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
According to our Google Analytic stats 17,192 unique individuels looked at 54,399 pages on DR1 yesterday (Tue Aug 31). I guess Earl had a few people looking :)

In August we had over 400,000 visitors and they viewed over 1.3 million pages of content.

Plus traditionally traffic starts to pick up around the end of October thru to March, so I expect to see even bigger numbers by the end of this year.

el lobo loco

Jul 25, 2010
congrats!

i would imagine high volume traffic. This site is a great source of info

oh and happy b-day to whosever birthday it is

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Wonderful news Robert, thanks for sharing. This means that the "war room" is busy, and that is good.

Blessings,

HB

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Very impressive for little dr1 that's not so little anymore.

But what would probably help boost the numbers even higher is a new look. People do judge books by their covers, and websites need to look very very good, as good as that new look that was promised months ago. Eye candy is as much important as content to keep them stuck online. As far as aesthetics goes for DR1, its sort of doing a bait-and-switch; look great in the beginning and then its downhill from there.

So, is it still in the plans or has it fallen off the cliff?

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Very impressive for little dr1 that's not so little anymore.

But what would probably help boost the numbers even higher is a new look. People do judge books by their covers, and websites need to look very very good, as good as that new look that was promised months ago. Eye candy is as much important as content to keep them stuck online. As far as aesthetics goes for DR1, its sort of doing a bait-and-switch; look great in the beginning and then its downhill from there.

So, is it still in the plans or has it fallen off the cliff?

Priorities and time.

It's all on the list, just some areas don't move as quick as you wish or other external projects command your attention.

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
I like the look.

There is no fluff.

My favourite site design is google.com.

All you need is right there.

I appreciate that you need to have an advertising banner as you are a business but any more flowery additions to the design would only detract - in my opinion.

Sure, it is important for any business to develop, evolve and grow -

but if it ain't broke don't fix it.