I can use some support on this

el lobo loco

Jul 25, 2010
I am currently in NY and I travel back and forth between sto dgo and the states often. I visited the dominican republic for three years before residing in the north coast for 3 years and I now go back and forth again. I recieved a call from my girlfriend the other day estatic about the fact that an attorney called stating they were the attorney from a firm that represents codetel.

The attorney said that there is an account delinquent and in arrears in the amount of 214,000 rd in her name.

my girlfriend and I lived in santiago and an aquaintance who comitted to invest in a biz proposal that I sent to him had just moved to the city the operation was already producing and he was going to inject a small amount of cash to pop the project and recieve a ROI.

We passed by codetel and requested info on their internet pkgs the internet pkgs that we inquired about was unavailable and the rep said she would update as she is informed. Seems as is he spoke with someone there and did something I am still figuring this one out. My girlfriend is obviously upset and I am handeling it from here as I do with all credit issues in her name. We did not recieve any services from codetel we did not recieve any mail or phone calls regarding that an account in her name was delinquent. The operation shortly after this point was closed and we moved operations to another site because we learned we were getting beat on rent at the initial location. Codetel has her name as acct holder for the old address which is incorrect there was another acct holder for this business she was never involved at all.

Now they are threatening her to pay or esle, y tu sabe como es.
como lo dicen una demanda? y vaina
Defintely seems as if there was something fraudulent done here.

does anybody know someone who is reputable who can assist us?
or any advice is appreciated.

Thank you

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
How do you even know that the caller is telling the truth to begin with. Tell your girlfriend to hang up on him and forget about it. When you get something legal from a court than worry about it.

el lobo loco

Jul 25, 2010
How do you even know that the caller is telling the truth to begin with. Tell your girlfriend to hang up on him and forget about it. When you get something legal from a court than worry about it.

This is true, I have yet to recieve any supporting docs.
However I did have her pass by codetel to pull any info on her and they say there is the delinquency there. in the exact amount.

looks like they are fishing

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
This is true, I have yet to recieve any supporting docs.
However I did have her pass by codetel to pull any info on her and they say there is the delinquency there. in the exact amount.

looks like they are fishing

Or maybe as my friend Badpiece said, she is fishing?

Reactions: Africaida
You should have a bill for the delinquent amount, if not Codetel can produce a copy of the charges. Do not trust anybody over a phone call or a phone number they give you to call. Your or your girlfriend should be able to visit any Codetel office and speak with a CSR to make sure the claim is valid. They also must provide with evidence of the services provided and the late charges. Again, do not trust phone callers, you would be surprise of the types of calls we get!

el lobo loco

Jul 25, 2010
Get a new girlfriend!!! To much drama already for a long distance relationship.

Hmm..Tempting

no serious she is a long time friend, who I've been with for years.
I have to take care of it. obligao. I care for this woman tremendously Besides thats the credit I use in sto dgo.

el lobo loco

Jul 25, 2010
I have requested docs a week ago still nothing.
so hold what I got until docs are furnished??

sounds good!

Thx

Hmm..Tempting

I have to take care of it. obligao. I care for this woman tremendously Besides thats the credit I use in sto dgo.

I really dont want to come off like an A$$ but you are in NY and your girl is in DR, She is recieving phone calls from alledgedly Codetel??? And they are threatening her? I find it a little hard to believe that a company as large as Codetel would threaten people over the phone. Have you recieved anything in writing?? Your girl could be playing on your feelings for her to get some money out of you. You are way up in NY and I'm sure she will soon get a lower payoff amount that you should be able to help her out with maybe 2-3 grand and codetel will call it even and not ruin her credit. Why do you feel obligated? If you really feel obligated then for that sum of money you should hop on a plane and go personally to Codetel, dont trust third hand info.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
wouldnt they have cut it off earlier for non-payment, before reaching that amount, they charge a cut off fee if you are a day late usually

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
wouldnt they have cut it off earlier for non-payment, before reaching that amount, they charge a cut off fee if you are a day late usually

Exactly, they would cut it off after the first unpaid bill, they are really quick at it.

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
Hmm..Tempting

How do I put this diplomatically? You can know someone for years and gradually they slip something at at you like obligating you to take care of a supposed 6500 USD debt obligation.

IMHO if you throw the benjamins you become the benjamin dayho bien frito.

jalencastro

Bronze
Dec 15, 2004
www.myspace.com
wow

I agree with everyone else. Ignore the clowns that call. Have her go to Codetel and request an itemized bill of all charges.

They will be more than happy to supply you with one. If she says she can't get one of those, it's time to start looking for a new "amiga", partner..

what he just said! :cheeky:
the OP should state why he is 'obligado' to pay this ridiculous bill....LOL :ermm::bunny:

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
I have an idea!!!!

Send her the money via Western Union and then wait and see what happens. Your reward will be two fold, you will find out about both.
Great idea huh!!!!!

Reactions: Tamborista
May 29, 2006
Sounds fishy to me. I would want to see a hard copy of the bill. Sad to say, but it sounds like a variation of the sick niece who needs an operation scam. If you can't verify the bill, wait until you have a third party confirmation. That is a huge amount of money and I can't see Codetel letting a bill go that long. How would they call her if they should have cut the phone service?

el lobo loco

Jul 25, 2010

thats exactly what I asked?
how do you extend credit up to 200k ? thats crazy
i have had an acct with codetel for years they cut it everytime I'm past due wont pass 1x30 and im shutdown

el lobo loco

Jul 25, 2010
what he just said! :cheeky:
the OP should state why he is 'obligado' to pay this ridiculous bill....LOL :ermm::bunny:

I never said i would pay any amount
I did say that this the credit i use while im there

paying anything close to that would be crazy