Dominicans always have $ for....

Cube_in_dr

Dec 8, 2009
www.Twitter.com
One thing I have noticed since living and working in D.R. for about 2 years now is that people can be dirt poor and still have money for new clothes, the salon, or money for beer. Also I have not seen any self service Laundromats...well at least in Santiago. I think these are all great business opportunities as I see it, a small bar, clothing shop, salon, or a self service laundromat. I think the two I would consider would be a small clothing shop or a laundromat. What do you guys think? Would greatly appreciate any comments especially if anyone deals in any of these businesses.

Reactions: mike l

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
One thing I have noticed since living and working in D.R. for about 2 years now is that people can be dirt poor and still have money for new clothes, the salon, or money for beer. Also I have not seen any self service Laundromats...well at least in Santiago. I think these are all great business opportunities as I see it, a small bar, clothing shop, salon, or a self service laundromat. I think the two I would consider would be a small clothing shop or a laundromat. What do you guys think? Would greatly appreciate any comments especially if anyone deals in any of these businesses.

lavanderia could be good. But its cheaper just to hire people to wash the clothes by hand than to buy an entire room full of washers which would be low quality and small compared to the US, there is no Speed Queen vendor here nor commercial Whirlpool or Maytag supplier. All of the washers you see are Craputronic from China or Vietnam. Plus, I think it d be hell on your pocket to wire them to accept tokens or pesos, actually training employees and customers not to break the machines(which are of low quality once again) and even getting reliable electricity to run them(adding the possibility of electrocution if your plumber and/or electricista isnt very good.

so if you hire 4 women to hand wash the clothes and the send some ironing boards and irons(GEs are the best) back from the US, you can start your own laundry service.

bars sucks. who are you selling to if no one has any money? same with clothing shop. waste of time. everyone wants credit, and you can eat on what I MAY pay you tomorrow.

Reactions: mike l