1 st Travel w Dominican Born N. American Kiddos

donluis99

Bronze
Jul 12, 2004
Ok, I know the published rules and requirements for children leaving with a lone parent, I know the Migracion website, I have even posted links to it for others who wre looking for answers.

Heres the story:

I want to know, how many N. Americans o Europeans have Dominican born children and have traveled w/o the other parent with your child using only his N. American or European passport without "el permiso para menores" or any other letter?

What happened?

Has anyone ever been denied "salida"

If the passport is first time used, there is no entrance stamp do they want you to pay the "impuesta de estadia" from the time of Passport issuance?

What about upon return, do I buy a visa for them?

They have no dominican passport and I do not want them to have one either.

donluis99

Bronze
Jul 12, 2004
Thanks there is no issue, it is a question about anybody elses experiances.

So people have previously stated they have had the "permiso para menores" but never asked for it, others have said they had, I am just asking for any experiance more as per my scenario.

I will go get the permiso para menores, there is no problem, the mother, she has no issues, only that she wants to come and her VISA has not came through yet.............

Me, being a non-conformist, I will not take out the "permiso" until they are ready to boot me out.

and I am curious about the re-entry, with N. American Passports only, me I have my residence card, do I need thier BC's? I would bring them in case, of course but would not want to show them unless I had to.

Anyway, not knocking Mr. Guzman & Assoc., but his prices are way out of my budget, besides I have NO issues here!!!

g'luck

ssarkas

Oct 9, 2007
i travel with my 13 yo son. mom is dominican i from u.s. he has u.s. passport and we enter and leave d.r. with no problem. i somrtimes take a noterized letter from mom but have never been asked for it

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
Thanks there is no issue, it is a question about anybody elses experiances.

So people have previously stated they have had the "permiso para menores" but never asked for it, others have said they had, I am just asking for any experiance more as per my scenario.

I will go get the permiso para menores, there is no problem, the mother, she has no issues, only that she wants to come and her VISA has not came through yet.............

Me, being a non-conformist, I will not take out the "permiso" until they are ready to boot me out.

and I am curious about the re-entry, with N. American Passports only, me I have my residence card, do I need thier BC's? I would bring them in case, of course but would not want to show them unless I had to.

Anyway, not knocking Mr. Guzman & Assoc., but his prices are way out of my budget, besides I have NO issues here!!!

g'luck

I apologize then but you start topic suggested an issue and it was only an advice I gave in response so don't get on you high horse right away ;)

donluis99

Bronze
Jul 12, 2004
So nobody else has Dominican Born North American Children with N. American passports and have traveled out of the DR for the first Time w/o the other parent????????

Acira..............easy now........
No high Horse here, do not understand how you reach such notions from my simple comments................

thanx sarkass,

but there must be more..........Do I really need to go through the hassle of the "permiso de menores"?????? I have no problem and will do it, but please enlighten me on your travel experience in this situation!!!!!

In my 10 years of in and out of here it is usually been without any incidents or issues, and I have traveled for the first nine years coming and going with my Cedula only, just recently have they started asking me for my "carnet de resedencia" la cual tengo.