Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Santo Domingo to POP... Options??

Me and 2 friends are flying into Santo Domingo at 7:15 P.M. I wanted to take a bus but unfortunately the stop running at 7 PM. Is there any other reasonably priced option for us other then taking a cab or waiting till morning for the first bus? How much would a taxi be? Thanks for all your help!!!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Give Thomas Karrer a call on 809 481 0707 or 809 738 3014, he is 'Dominican Shuttles' and will sort you out with either a cheap flight or shuttle flight combo.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Anastacio View Post
    Give Thomas Karrer a call on 809 481 0707 or 809 738 3014, he is 'Dominican Shuttles' and will sort you out with either a cheap flight or shuttle flight combo.
    Are you sure there are flights from SDQ to POP as late as 8-9pm? OP does not arrive until 7:15pm.

My suggestion is spend the night in SD Gazcue area. One night in SD you can find plenty to do to keep you busy.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

well maybe you can go until the bus stop the we call nueve and they will take you until la rotonda in santiago and them you take a bus until puerto plata

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bigbird View Post
    Are you sure there are flights from SDQ to POP as late as 8-9pm? OP does not arrive until 7:15pm.

My suggestion is spend the night in SD Gazcue area. One night in SD you can find plenty to do to keep you busy.
    You are correct, no flights that late. 730am which sometimes flies at 9 for Dominican reasons at around 145.00us. The other option would be to use his shuttle service, the cost will probably work out the same between 3, but it's a long drive after a flight.

Post Thanks / Like

AETRA Bus runs much later, than 7:00 p.m. I think they have buses to Santiago at 9 or a little after. Still, if you have luggage it is a tough connection.

Cab to STo Dgo likety split might make it..

HB

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisu949 View Post
    Me and 2 friends are flying into Santo Domingo at 7:15 P.M. I wanted to take a bus but unfortunately the stop running at 7 PM. Is there any other reasonably priced option for us other then taking a cab or waiting till morning for the first bus? How much would a taxi be? Thanks for all your help!!!
    Why do you want to ruin your first day on the island????? Take a cab to the city, get a inexpensive hotel for the night, many options here just use the search function, Enjoy a night in Santo Domingo and get on the bus Metro first thing in the morning and sleep till you get to Puerto Plata then enjoy day 2.

Post Thanks / Like

Do you have any recommendations for a cheap hotel that is near the airport?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Why do you want to be near the airport if you are staying the night? You arrive early enough to make a night of it. There is no shortage of accom options in and around the city at all prices.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Then the next day hop on Metro or Caribe Bus and you are in Puerto Plata 3 hrs and 45 minutes later. For about $10 US each.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast