You guys will love this Part II

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
The Chamber of Deputies has approved a modification of the loan contract for the Palomino Dam Project. They added another $80 million to the original $50 million dollar contract.

That makes 168 million additional in just little contracts!!!

D@mn! That is brazen...(Oh I am sure the additional expenditures are well substantiated)

HB

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
They have a lot of mouths to feed. All those Senators, Ministers, Deputies all want in on the action.

They are on fast track get rich mode and many couldn't give a crap about the DR or if it collapses, can they pay the debt etc. A few are getting VERY wealthy!

Dominicans sit by and let it happen. Hey, they voted for them, so they have to live with it if they are not prepared to start doing something about it.

Nov 25, 2008
in the states being a congressman, senator..... is an honorable job, normally a person who have acquired some college degree.
here in the D.R. any orange peeler with a friend who "owes" a favor can be regidor alcalde... no education required; being in any form of the political scene here is associated with "stealing"
Honestly, I prefer to be associated with a drug dealer than a politician, at least with the drug dealer you "know" where he's coming from.

just my two "centavos" worth

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Well, it was supposed to be, anyway!!! And they do get sent to prison and removed from the post....

Boquechivo and Diogenes are having a field day in the Diario Libre!!!

HB

xtoclark

Jul 9, 2008
jorgesarduysousa :

"in the states being a congressman, senator..... is an honorable job..."

I'm speechless.

Hehe...

So HB, as the resident DR history expert; how does one go about getting one of these jobs?

I need a little pocket money and lot's of uncle's owe me favors! :smoke: