Nikki Beach Cabarete Grand Opening - Wow

Status
Not open for further replies.

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
From the first day I heard of Nikki Beach coming to Cabarete, I've been skeptical of their chances for success here. I'm not a fan of 'exclusive' venues and wonder how they'll have clientelle consistently to maintain sales.

However, man can they throw a party!
Great opening night last night... invitation only white party, phenomenal music, and simply very well done. Since some will ask... 3 cuba libres & 1 Presidente were 450 pesos.

aw2ipw.jpg

imjlvn.jpg

4gj9f.jpg

x4n2bl.jpg

biwiz4.jpg

1znn4av.jpg

Opening party continues tonight & Saturday night... culminating in brunch on Sunday.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
strange Ive not seen it advertised anywhere ...how did everyone know it was a dress in white party lol

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
cuba libra's were selling for 100pesos each, presidente were 150....but that's not their regular prices though

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
strange Ive not seen it advertised anywhere ...how did everyone know it was a dress in white party lol

It doesn't take long to build a guest list here if you know the right people.

They have been promoting it through various channels for a long time.
Also, word of mouth helps.

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
Mail Problem

JR, I 'm sure it got lost in the mail. And if it makes you feel better, I didn't see one Brit there, to the best of my knowledge. Not even Branson.

quaqualita

Feb 4, 2002
cuba libra's were selling for 100pesos each, presidente were 150....but that's not their regular prices though

I don't know about the beer, but cuba libre for 100 Pesos is regular price, it's what I paid last night and also on other nights before. It comes sometimes in a very small looking glass, but it must be much wider than it looks like: I refilled it once into another glass and was surprised myself to see it has the same volume like any other regular glass in other bars.
Water is a bit expensive with 150 Pesos, but it comes in a very nice looking bottle. Beauty has its price I guess.

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
As far as I know, they bought the land. So, they have only utilities, employees, and maintenance. In addition, they have the big plus most other businesses don't have around here... other sites worldwide whose profits can likely carry this one for a while.

As long as they don't have clients coming, posting that it's 'no good', and their brand isn't hurt... I would think they have staying power. But, do I think it'll be profitable? Only marginally for the foreseeable future.

There's just not a huge $$$ base nearby to fill the place regularly. Cabarete's "cool" & many of us love it... but I don't think anyone has moved here or visited for its snob appeal... which seems to be their target market. It will be interesting to see if they can attract a greater tourism level from those with big $$$ to spend.

I too wish them well.

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
Quaqualita; said:
Water is a bit expensive with 150 Pesos, but it comes in a very nice looking bottle. Beauty has its price I guess.

Hypothetically speaking (so no wannabe-expat steals the idea), one could install a vendor stand near Nikki Beach events and sell botellones of water for 150 pesos... or sell individual plastic cups of water for 10 pesos each.

As a potential client, which would you prefer? Perhaps both options, with rental lockers to store your botellon while otherwise occupied seeing and being seen? Perhaps offer a designer leather shoulder strap to carry your botellon with you?

Hypothetical retail layout.
55228.jpg

Designer botellon shoulder strap prototype (available in canvas or leather).
200_1_web-equipment-cavalry-patte.jpg

All ideas and concepts expressed in this prospectus are to be treated as confidential and proprietary and are the sole property of bottelonesRus, S.A. a Cayman Islands Corporation.
Copyright_symbol2.png
and patent pending, all rights reserved throughout the universe except where strictly prohibited by law or moderators.

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2007
Broke down and had dinner at Nikki Beach tonight. It was early, but they had no more tables filled than any other restaurant on the beach. The food was good. The service was good, although I commented to my husband that it was not as customer oriented as TGI Fridays or Chili's in Santiago (and I am sure restaurants in SD). The menu was not much different than any other restaurant menu around, except for the chateaubriand offering at 1,000 some pesos. Other than that, it was pasta and fish prepared much like everyone else.....just at a greater cost. The presentation was nice. They did carry high end vodka....good for a martini. My husband and I each had 2 drinks. He had grouper. I had the chicken sate. The bill was 3,000 pesos.

I hope they do well, as I believe it might raise the bar (no pun intended) for other beach restaurants. However, I don't know if they are really offering a product much different than a couple other of the Cabarete places. They just have a bit more glitz.

Lindsey

Reactions: DavidZ and CFA123
Status
Not open for further replies.