Cabarete Internet Speed

Status
Not open for further replies.

SNH

Jul 24, 2010
Wondering if a few people can post their internet speeds please note wireless & wired that live or are currently in Cabarete I need to know mainly for using skype out there, last time I stayed there a few months it was wifi at a apartment and the quality was completely random during the day.

speed test link

geeksquad.com/speedtest

Thank you in advance for all your help

and when I get back I'll buy you a beer or mojito :)

SNH

Jul 24, 2010
1.10 Mbps download and 0.13 Mbps upload with Codetel DSL VIP+ wired service. I am supposed to be getting 1.5 Mbps download and 0.256 Mbps upload, but until the fiber optic cables are installed that is not possible.

Maybe sometime in the next 10 years they will install the fiber in the tubes that they dug and ruined large sections of the road a year ago. I am sure those riding motos along edges of the road with the poor repair work they did curse daily about it.

Thank you, how much does that run (cost) you a month if you don't mind?

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
SNH,
Near center of Cabarete using Codetel DSL thru a wireless router.
Geeksquad returned 1.5 down, .66 up (same as other tests return).
Our cost is about 4000 pesos a month.

There's supposed to be a free (no additional charge) upgrade to 2.0/.75 but as Windeguy has said it doesn't appear the lines can support it... or as likely, someone at Codetel on the north coast just hasn't pushed whatever buttons they need to in order to grant the increased speeds.

Status
Not open for further replies.