Las Canas 'Buddy can you spare a chat"

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaypeegee

Sep 4, 2010
Hola,

My name is Julie and I will be staying in Las Canas from September 17 to 25. I was there already for three days last week but currently I am in Cabarete. I was wondering if I could meet up with anybody living in Las Canas during my stay so that I don't drive myself crazy talking to myself. I love the area, I love my Dominican neighbourghs (god love them for putting up with my pigeon Spanish), and I love (to a certain extent) my own company, but it would be really lovely to meet us with those of you who already call Las Canas your home.

cheers, Julie (Ottawa, Canada)

jaypeegee

Sep 4, 2010
probably posted in the wrong place. yes you are right....about 20 minutes out of Cabarete, but about half a mile down a small road and I won't have a car so I am a bit of a captive audience so was hoping people who live down there might show me some mercy.

Should I post this elsewhere....and if so could you suggest where please?

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
Las ca?as is west...... las canas is east of cabarete Ive made that mistake before

Last edited:

jaypeegee

Sep 4, 2010
East...west? it's 20 minutes outside of Cabarete, on the Las Canas beach road at Gaspar Hernandez which coincidentally is the same road where the guy who owned Las Canas Cabanas had his throat cut 3 years ago.....so all in all I could sue some friends.

By the way I got a notification saying somebody had sent me a private message but I can't seem to find it, to whoever that was would you mind trying again...or I could post my e-mail address and you could contact me that way.

thanks,

Julie

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
DO NOT, DO NOT post your email address on this public board or any other public board or you will soon be changing email addresses.
To open your PMs look at the top right corner of your page and just under the welcome is a underlined item "private messages" click on that and it will open our PM mail box.

Bob K

jaypeegee

Sep 4, 2010
Thanks for the tip and advice Bob K......you are very wise.

By the way in my previous post I meant to say "I could USE some friends, not I could SUE some friends".....not the best opener really eh!....different spelling of course but still sounds awfully litigious.

johnny

Bronze
Feb 8, 2003
hausenland.com
East, West, South? that.s seem to be complicated, why not better in dominican way. it?s easier.

Si tu vas desde puerto plata direccion Sosua, cuando llegues al semaforo de la bomba, tu vas a ver un supermercado, se llama Sosua, dale un chin ma palante, como dos cuadras y entonces doblas a la derecha (si te pasaste y llegaste al choco, entonces dale pa tra y dobla ala izq.)
sube por la lomita, eso es ahi mismo. pasas un colegio de gringos y luego mas arriba tu va a vei un restaurant aleman, dale un chinchin ma pa arriba y luego doblas a la izquierda, sigues hasta el final y ahi estan Las canas.
Si tu quieres esperame que yo te llevo, dejame ponerme uno calizo.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
The OP is talking about Playa Las Canas, 15 minutes East of Cabarete, not the Las Ca?as Apartment complex in La Mulatta!

jaypeegee

Sep 4, 2010
Las Canas

It's ever so kind of people to help me figure out which Las Canas I'm talking about, and it is even kinder going to trouble of givng me direction on how to find it but.....

Anyone who read my original post will realize I was already there for 3 days last week - so finding it isn't the issue.

I just want someone local to talk to once in a while when I return on Sept 17

jaypeegee

Sep 4, 2010
Going round in circles

Yes well all my cyber chat will dry up once I move back down the Las Canas Beach Road because I won't have access to the Internet.

Beginning to look like I had just better hit the books and practice my Spanish a bit more so I can make myself understood by the locals.

I do have one kind soul who might take pity on me from the forum.......that's about all I need, but the more the better

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Yes well all my cyber chat will dry up once I move back down the Las Canas Beach Road because I won't have access to the Internet.

Beginning to look like I had just better hit the books and practice my Spanish a bit more so I can make myself understood by the locals.

I do have one kind soul who might take pity on me from the forum.......that's about all I need, but the more the better

What exactly are you looking for, go to a local colmado, buy a Grande with two cups and you'll have an instant novia/o and "Free" Spanish school!

jaypeegee

Sep 4, 2010
no Novios thanks

I don't need a novio...I have a perfectly good esposo at home thanks.

I just think I am going to feel a bit isolated down there with no inernet and nobody to talk to who speaks English....3 days was fine 10 might feel like years. Surely the last thing anybody is suggesting to me is that I sit at a local bar with 2 cups and a large bottle of Presidente -seems like a pretty sweet plan to wind up being the victim of 'foul' play of one kind or another.

I'm not a gringa here for a bit of fun on the side. I am very nice Canadian who is out here to look at a property and would just like to have been able to chat with people who live out there about what the place is like.

However based on how much trouble I'm having finding that I think it's helping me to make up my mind. Maybe I won't bother going back down there. just cut my losses and head off somewhere else.

I hardly feel I am being overwhelmed with friendliness

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
is there a group of ladies that meets in sosua at one of the cafes ? Im sure there used to be one that met in the campo bar and there is a dominos group

jaypeegee

Sep 4, 2010
Good old Las Canas again

Thanks for the suggestions....and yes by the way we were getting along.

It really was something specific I had in mind, like I mentioned in my last posting, just wanted to chat to anybody who might be on this forum......(and quite possibly nobody from Las Canas is) that lives in that area and would be willing to chat with me about issues/good features/bad features etc of owning property down there. It would just make staying down there alone a bit more stimulating.

I'm quite self sufficient so I'm not looking for groups or clubs (I don't mean discos in this instance I mean dominoes), but like I said....I appreciate the input and the fact that you are taking the time to try and help.

Status
Not open for further replies.