Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Las Canas 'Buddy can you spare a chat"

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Las Canas 'Buddy can you spare a chat"

Hola,

My name is Julie and I will be staying in Las Canas from September 17 to 25. I was there already for three days last week but currently I am in Cabarete. I was wondering if I could meet up with anybody living in Las Canas during my stay so that I don't drive myself crazy talking to myself. I love the area, I love my Dominican neighbourghs (god love them for putting up with my pigeon Spanish), and I love (to a certain extent) my own company, but it would be really lovely to meet us with those of you who already call Las Canas your home.

cheers, Julie (Ottawa, Canada)

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

just to confirm las canas is going out of cabarete to the east I think ?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

probably posted in the wrong place. yes you are right....about 20 minutes out of Cabarete, but about half a mile down a small road and I won't have a car so I am a bit of a captive audience so was hoping people who live down there might show me some mercy.

Should I post this elsewhere....and if so could you suggest where please?

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

West closer to POP. Also a duplicate post in the forum, the other is now gone.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Las caņas is west...... las canas is east of cabarete Ive made that mistake before
    Last edited by jrhartley; 09-04-2010 at 07:04 PM. Reason: oops got it wrong again lol

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

East...west? it's 20 minutes outside of Cabarete, on the Las Canas beach road at Gaspar Hernandez which coincidentally is the same road where the guy who owned Las Canas Cabanas had his throat cut 3 years ago.....so all in all I could sue some friends.

By the way I got a notification saying somebody had sent me a private message but I can't seem to find it, to whoever that was would you mind trying again...or I could post my e-mail address and you could contact me that way.

thanks,

Julie

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

DO NOT, DO NOT post your email address on this public board or any other public board or you will soon be changing email addresses.
    To open your PMs look at the top right corner of your page and just under the welcome is a underlined item "private messages" click on that and it will open our PM mail box.

Bob K

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the tip and advice Bob K......you are very wise.

By the way in my previous post I meant to say "I could USE some friends, not I could SUE some friends".....not the best opener really eh!....different spelling of course but still sounds awfully litigious.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

East, West, South? that.s seem to be complicated, why not better in dominican way. itīs easier.

Si tu vas desde puerto plata direccion Sosua, cuando llegues al semaforo de la bomba, tu vas a ver un supermercado, se llama Sosua, dale un chin ma palante, como dos cuadras y entonces doblas a la derecha (si te pasaste y llegaste al choco, entonces dale pa tra y dobla ala izq.)
    sube por la lomita, eso es ahi mismo. pasas un colegio de gringos y luego mas arriba tu va a vei un restaurant aleman, dale un chinchin ma pa arriba y luego doblas a la izquierda, sigues hasta el final y ahi estan Las canas.
    Si tu quieres esperame que yo te llevo, dejame ponerme uno calizo.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast