Any online DR stores?

boniouk

Aug 17, 2010
Are there any online stores based in the D.R?

My friend lives there and everytime i want to get something to her i have to get it in america and ship it. Is there any way to go to an online store based in DR and buy stuff and have them do home delivery within the country?

granca

Bronze
Aug 20, 2007
About 2 years ago I bought a cooker from Plaza Lama having sent an email enquiry to ensure it was in stock, they offered to deliver it to me with payment by credit card. I didn't take then up on it but it might be worthwhile enquiring.

Why does the spell checker keep telling me I've spelt enquiry wrong, I've checked with the OED and it agrees with me?

boniouk

Aug 17, 2010
What about electronics? I want to get someone an ipod there.... is that gonna be a case of buying on ebay and getting it shipped that way?

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
boniouk. The best solution is having it shipped here, it will also be cheaper.

Anything under US$200 should not incur any customs fees.
Make sure you ship via UPS, FedEx etc. A courier you can track.

boniouk

Aug 17, 2010
But if i buy an ipod through a store in the US they only ship to the US. How could i get an ipod and then have it shipped through fedex? Maybe contact and ebay seller, or maybe... oh i dunno. Im confused.

Peterj

Bronze
Oct 7, 2002
Dominican Republic
Easy!

Go to EPS; they have an address for you in Miami.
Send everything you buy there and they bring it in.
Not cheap but good services...at least for me so far.

(I hope Robert allows this; I am not in any way "connected" to EPS)

EPS is a good choice, if shipping from Miami there are a bunch of courier companies to choose from (Taino Express, Santo Domingo Shipping, etc.) You can also ship via UPS at any of their shipping locations. I have used most of the services at they're reliable. It also depends to where within the DR you're shipping to.

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
I believe bestbuy.com ships directly to the DR...

can windeguy give some more info on this transexpress, which is cheaper than eps? Could be interesting for all of us... (a website, do they deliver to any western union office, price per pound, stuff like that).

Thanks Windeguy in advance...

Feb 7, 2007
For people in SD and Santiago (and Higuey) there is also Pick and Send (www dot picknsend dot com), a bit cheaper than Vimenpaq/Transexpress (VP/TE now charges 20 pesos per pound handling fees so they are way more expensive than what they used to be) and Pick'N'Send takes just one more day than VP/TE to bring stuff in. ALSO, very important, Pick'N'Send rounds the pound till X.49 DOWN. EPS is probably the most expensive. EPS has great tracking, but so does Vimenpaq/TE. PcickNSend has tracking but not so good as VP/TE or EPS. I had not had, though, anything lost or misplaced yet in 2 years with Picknsend, in spite of "lack of sophistication" in tracking...

Comparison:

2.3 pound package

Vimenpaq/Transpexpress:
charges 3 pounds (2.3 rounds UP to 3 pounds): @ RD$113 + about RD$ 70 additional charges (aduana, fuel, etc.)
total: RD$ 409

Pick'N'Send:
charges 2 pounds (2.3 pounds rounds DOWN to 2 pounds): @ RD$111 + about RD$ 55 additional charges
total: RD$ 277

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2007
I believe bestbuy.com ships directly to the DR...

can windeguy give some more info on this transexpress, which is cheaper than eps? Could be interesting for all of us... (a website, do they deliver to any western union office, price per pound, stuff like that).

Thanks Windeguy in advance...

You can go to www dot vimenpaq dot com dot do they are the exclusive partner for Transexpress in the DR. Free account opening. They will ship to the main WU/Vimenca office in Jarabacoa. If your packages are received in Miami by 3 pm, they ship the same day, they get released the next day by aduana in SD, and day after that (by 12 noon) they are in your local Vimenca/WU office.

Another option would be Pick'n'send in Santiago... (see my post above)